Do YOU play hard to get?

barbossa

1)Do you play hard to get?

2) Do you Wait X amount of time before you call/text back?

3) Do you pretend you are busy when you are not?

If so why?

How do you feel about people who do it to you?

If so why?

1) I don't play hard to get but recently I act indifferent. I think if you are too hard to get women will eventually give up.

2) I've heard the rule is wait for as long as they took plus a little more on top. I tend to mix it up though, sometimes instantly, sometimes I wait it out. Some girls might figure out that you are timing texts.

3) If I'm not busy I never pretend to, so I try to actually be busy instead. I think most of the girls I text pretend to be busy all the time. Usually it's related to their interest level.

Ruby Slippers

No.

I tend to match their frequency, but I do this with everybody - friends, clients, and romantic prospects. If they tend to get back to me quickly, I do the same when I can. If they let messages sit for a while, I put them at about the same priority level.

No.

I would find that lame and childish.

• Like 2
1)Do you play hard to get? No.

2) Do you Wait X amount of time before you call/text back? Yes, if the woman doesn't appear that interested in me.

3) Do you pretend you are busy when you are not? No.

My advice to women is that it depends on the man. Men are much like little boys; they want what they can't have.

Therefore, playing hard to get and pretending to be busy can work with confident men. However, most men don't have a lot of confidence so they may take playing hard to get or being busy as lack of interest and rejection, so they may not call again.

With most men, playing hard to get or acting busy should be limited with encouragement. For example, I already have a date but ask me next week.

• Like 1
Snakechammah

If so why?

No to questions 1,2,3.

If someone played hard to get with me, it would never have happened because I only respond to 'interest'. If none showed, nothing proceeds.

• Like 1
Hello_is_it_me

If so why?

1) Yes, sometimes

2) Yes, sometimes I'll wait the time it took for them to reply (spiteful and immature. Go me! lol)

3) Yep. Sadly it seems this is kind of a requirement to build interest.

Though sometimes I don't give an eff and I'll quick reply for a while at a time. But then I'll go into an ignore mode other times. I think this works best.