Listen to His Family or Not?

brittneyfoster

brittneyfoster

The guy that I'm dating is 26 and pretty coy on our relationship, but his 21 year old brother loves me and calls me his big sister. We talk frequently, and he has told me a couple of things about my guy that I didn't previously know like his brother hasn't had a girlfriend in six years(she cheated) and hasn't really brought bring girls around except me since that break up. He told me that if his brother didn't talk about me the way that he does that he wouldn't feel as comfortable to talk with me as he does.

His brother also told me that their mom knew about me but just hasn't met me yet. I didn't even know that she knew about me.

The other night his brother called and we were on the phone, and he was like "You and my brother really just need to get married already" and I told "Not now though. I don't think brother isn't ready for that right now." and he was like "Well, he needs to get ready soon enough and marry you."

So my question is...my guy doesn't share his feelings with me much, but his brother tells me stuff that I wouldn't ever know if he didn't tell me. Do you think he shares more with his brother than he's telling me or what?

Edited by brittneyfoster
Edit

His brother has no business telling you any of this. He needs to stay the heck out of your relationship. Does your BF know you talk to the brother? If I was your BF I'd be might pi$$ed at my brother.

Many of my husband's family members felt the same way about me that the brother is telling you. They knew I was the one etc. Nobody shared that info with me until a few days before our wedding.

Let your BF do his own talking. Take what he tells you as gospel & take what anybody else says about him with a huge grain of salt. Seriously the 21 year old is way out of line telling you that his brother ought to marry you.

If you do marry into this family I'd be very cautious about what you share with the brother. The man has no sense of boundaries & have no idea how to keep a confidence.

• Author
brittneyfoster
His brother has no business telling you any of this. He needs to stay the heck out of your relationship. Does your BF know you talk to the brother? If I was your BF I'd be might pi$$ed at my brother.

Many of my husband's family members felt the same way about me that the brother is telling you. They knew I was the one etc. Nobody shared that info with me until a few days before our wedding.

Let your BF do his own talking. Take what he tells you as gospel & take what anybody else says about him with a huge grain of salt. Seriously the 21 year old is way out of line telling you that his brother ought to marry you.

If you do marry into this family I'd be very cautious about what you share with the brother. The man has no sense of boundaries & have no idea how to keep a confidence.

Yea, my guy knows that we talk. His brother openly calls me his big sister. Well, his older brother has asked me a couple times about our relationship. Everyone in his circle is pretty open, so other people have told me certain little things regarding things that he has said about me, but he hasn't told me. So I don't take offense to it only because my guy is very guarded with me, but he tells other people a lot more.