Dreads attract odd women ? xD lol

kaylan

So I was at a small concert last night to see one of my favorite bands growing up. Theres this girl there, and at first I assumed she was somewhere between 16 and 20, so I ignored her as she stared at me. Then she comes over to me and says "I like your hair"...and Im thinking "uh oh..." lol. Apparently we both look young for our ages, and turns out shes mid 20s.

Anyways, we start chatting, have drinks while the opening band plays and shes very touchy and all that. I find out shes local to me, goes to the same gym, has a brainy major at school, and so Im thinking "cool, maybe I met a cool chick to date". As we talk about the gym, we showed off progress pictures on our phones lol (she has a body).

And then the weirdness begins...

As we hung out I got to meet a buddy of hers. She made sure to label this guy as merely a buddy at first. Dude was pretty chill. We were both hardcore fans of the headlining band and talked about their discography and past shows we had seen them at.

But eventually this girl decided to start whining to me about her friendship with the dude. How apparently they are good family friends, and hes almost like best friends with her sister. And stuff about how they hooked up but he didnt wanna talk about it just yet.

And Im thinking "why the fvk are you telling me that?" And half the night shes hardcore hitting on me too...which seems to me as if shes trying to make the dude jealous. The dude is right there and shes trying to put my hands all over her. She even turned around and during the second bands set to kiss me. And I like half backed away. She intended for us to hang out at the end of the night, but I didnt stick around too long after the headlining band finished.

I could only roll my eyes at how Ive attracted yet another weird one lol

• Author

If we hung out at the end of the night, Im pretty sure she'd have wanted to hook up if we hung out. I gotta say the experience was humorous though. She is a very attractive girl, but there was no need to whine to me about her guy friend. Im not there to give you advice. And then youre throwing yourself at me too? wtf

And get this...she has an AMEX card, and the venue only took Mastercard and Visa. So at the end of the night they told her she wasnt able to use it to pay the tab she already rang up. (stupid for the bartender not to check the card first). So she asks me and her buddy if we can lend her 20 bucks and we both say we are strapped for cash :crackup: Granted she really did have to leave her card and information with a manager, but I wasnt loaning money to someone I barely knew.

Well, the question of race aside.... dreads (on white guys, I'm assuming here, apologies if I'm wrong) are a huge turn off to a lot of normal, minimal-drama women. And they signal to crazy women that you are into crazy. I think it does absolutely impact one's dating pool the same way it can negatively impacts one's ability to find work, etc.

There is a stereotype about white dudes with dreads. Whether or not any particularly individuals fits that stereotype aside, people do judge on first appearances.

• Author
Well, the question of race aside.... dreads (on white guys, I'm assuming here, apologies if I'm wrong) are a huge turn off to a lot of normal, minimal-drama women. And they signal to crazy women that you are into crazy. I think it does absolutely impact one's dating pool the same way it can negatively impacts one's ability to find work, etc.

There is a stereotype about white dudes with dreads. Whether or not any particularly individuals fits that stereotype aside, people do judge on first appearances.

Im a black guy with dreads, and girls (especially white girls) have seemed to always love how "cool" my hair is. Dreads arent too rare nowadays, and guys from all backgrounds have sported them. And btw, plenty of normal gals have told me they love my hair. And also, a corporate office in a large metro area had no problems employing me.

I do agree white dudes with dreads are viewed differently from myself...but lets not make assumptions.

Edited by kaylan
Im a black guy with dreads, and girls (especially white girls) have seemed to always love how "cool" my hair is.

Hm, well my apologies for my assumption.

I'm not so sure whether dreads on a black man attract a certain "type" of woman. I (as a white woman) am certainly not put off by dreads on a black man then way I am when a white guy wears them.

How long are they? If they hang at your hips, that's obviously a bit more extreme than a more modest length (and could influence who makes the approach where you're out). Beyond the question of extremity, I actually have no idea how much this hairstyle could impact what type of woman you attract.

I do think, personally, that if a guy I just met started showing me his gym "progress" photos, that would scare me off. A woman who is not scared off by something like that might be more of a "risk-taker".

Edited by nescafe1982
  • Author
Hm, well my apologies for my assumption.

I'm not so sure whether dreads on a black man attract a certain "type" of woman. I (as a white woman) am certainly not put off by dreads on a black man then way I am when a white guy wears them.

How long are they? If they hang at your hips, that's obviously a bit more extreme than a more modest length (and could influence who makes the approach where you're out). Beyond the question of extremity, I actually have no idea how much this hairstyle could impact what type of woman you attract.

The thread title was rather jokey and arbitrary. I only picked it because the first thing the girl said to me was that she liked me hair. Since Ive had more than a few women break the ice in that way, I thought to just use it as a thread title.

And my hair is about near my chin (maybe a lil shorter). I prolly wont let it get longer than that.

I do think, personally, that if a guy I just met started showing me his gym "progress" photos, that would scare me off. A woman who is not scared off by something like that might be more of a "risk-taker".

Well we were both talking about the gym, and the flirting was pretty high, so it just happened. I showed off, and so did she. All in all, I dont expect to hang out with her again.