Adding person you're dating to FB?

antineutrino

I've known her for about 5.5 weeks now. We haven't had sex yet, but have fooled around. We're exclusive and have both indicated wanting something long-term. We get along really well and talk everyday.

I don't know her birthday yet (since I don't want to be caught off guard if it's coming up soonish), and one of my friends suggested that I should just add her to FB to find out. Is that the best way, or is it too soon to do that and asking her directly is better?

If you want to know when her birthday is then ask her when her birthday is. It's part of the getting to know you process.

Adding on FB to covertly find out information like that is stalkerish.

• Like 1
  • Author

Haha okay, that was my gut instinct!

Since it's better to ask directly, looking at the FB situation in a vacuum, is it too early to add her? She said she doesn't use it much, and we communicate via text frequently, so I don't see a huge advantage to it at the moment.

Im not against adding people on FB especially since you've established that you're exclusive and not just "dating". I would ask her about adding her and let her give you her info though (even if you already know how to find her) don't just do it.

So I finally got the courage to ask this girl in my college course out for coffee. She said she had a boyfriend, but gave me her name and number and told me text her mine, and walked off with a smile on her face, that was that. This was the last day of class (yesterday) and only tried to talk to her the day before that, but it didn't go well (she was sitting in front with a friend, so I had to come from behind to ask a class question, but I might've mumbled, being nervous, and only friend seemed to notice, though she might've been shy as well).

I'd be more cued off b/c of the boyfriend thing... but I think she was just saying that she had a boyfriend so that she has some leverage if we end up going out for some coffee.

I say this because about a week ago I overheard her in class once talking about a guy she was seeing but definitely wasn't interested in taking anything to the next level. I creeper-checked her fb and didn't see any pics of any guys with her for the past 6 months nor any other bf indications.

So I'm thinking since she said to text her my # and that he she likely doesn't have any official boyfriend, I should text her later today and ask how it's going, to get some conversation going since she know's nothing of me, and probably would want to before actually going out for coffee. What do you think?

organizedchaos
So I finally got the courage to ask this girl in my college course out for coffee. She said she had a boyfriend, but gave me her name and number and told me text her mine, and walked off with a smile on her face, that was that. This was the last day of class (yesterday) and only tried to talk to her the day before that, but it didn't go well (she was sitting in front with a friend, so I had to come from behind to ask a class question, but I might've mumbled, being nervous, and only friend seemed to notice, though she might've been shy as well).

I'd be more cued off b/c of the boyfriend thing... but I think she was just saying that she had a boyfriend so that she has some leverage if we end up going out for some coffee.

I say this because about a week ago I overheard her in class once talking about a guy she was seeing but definitely wasn't interested in taking anything to the next level. I creeper-checked her fb and didn't see any pics of any guys with her for the past 6 months nor any other bf indications.

So I'm thinking since she said to text her my # and that he she likely doesn't have any official boyfriend, I should text her later today and ask how it's going, to get some conversation going since she know's nothing of me, and probably would want to before actually going out for coffee. What do you think?

What does this have to do with this thread?