When do you know to say "I love you"?

greenfairie

There is no time-table, though after the first date would be creepy for most. :) You need time to build a relationship, emotional connection, etc. No timetable for that either. I told my late wife after dating 2-weeks. She didn't reciprocate the feelings at that time, but that was understandable. :)

I told my current gf after having known her for 8-months. SO, it depends. Just don't RUSH things. It should be an organic, happy feeling when it happens..

It is possible to have sex without love.

You can say it when you feel it unless it's waaaayyy too early. Even if I was feeling it, I never voiced it in the 1st month or two.

I've been feeling it since like week 2, but I've been holding back because I've been known to rush and I want to be sure.

I still feel it (dating 5 months now), but its just becoming this deeper, more emotional connection and I'm loving it. I'm glad I'm not rushing :D

This is no proper time. Some people think it's too early after 6 months of dating. I told my woman I love her on our 2nd date after we had sex for the 1st time. I knew she's the one for me, and I couldn't explain way. I told her this comes from my heart, and not because of sex or anything. She was surprised, but didn't freak out. She told me she loves me 3 weeks later. We didn't want to rush things, but we know when feelings are real. I am going to propose to her on our 9 month anniversary next month. I can't wait. :)

• Like 1
Usually you Love someone when your ready to have Sex with them.

Oh, my goodness, not true for so many! There is little correlation between sex and love especially early in a relationship and especially for men/guys.

• Like 1

In my case, I only say it when I truly feel it.

When's the right time? I have no idea. I usually just wait for the man to say it first, cuz even if they love you and you say it first, they all freak out for some reason.

• Like 1
I say it when I can no longer not say it.

That's a good way of putting it. My husband said it 'accidentally' (at 26 days). I think if it hadn't come out, he would have given himself a psychosomatic illness fretting about it. I am so grateful we weren't in bed when he said it!

When is it ever the right time to say that..? And how do you know when you're ready to?

This topic came up early in our relationship. So we came up with a song concept. Something like "don't make me say it first" or whatnot.

I think he said it first. In fact, I know he did.

So say it. Don't take your thoughts of love to your grave. Then, it will be too late (or more challenging to express when you're an angel in heaven).

My b4 and I said it after 3 to 4 weeks of first meeting.

We did talk for weeks before meeting and we had a really great gut feeling about each other.

I think we fell in love after about 2 weeks but we but we felt it seemed too soon so we held off.

He said when he said goodbye to me after about 2 weeks in, he knew he loved me.

We have both had 2 long term relationships.

It hit me like a ton of bricks one night when we were talking. I just blurted out, OMG im falling in love with you. I think i shocked his system. lol. he didnt respond. I few days later though, he gave me the speech of a lifetime telling me he loved me. It was the most amazing thing ever. I would never expect a full on speech about it.

For me, i couldnt help it. I just blurted out when I realized it.

• Like 1