Bday gift ideas for a guy known only a month??

Ok Good

The guy I've been seeing is having a big bday...

We've gone on 4 dates

I don't really know him well

so have no clue what type of gift I should give him :confused:

Any ideas???

• Author
Take him out to dinner and a movie. After knowing him a month, you're not required to do anything more.

great idea

so just paying for a meal is enough

gift not required?

I guess I should give him a card too?

great idea

so just paying for a meal is enough

gift not required?

I guess I should give him a card too?

Nah, not necessary. Pre-dinner drink, dinner, movie. Maybe a birthday blow job (kidding, that's entirely up to you). :laugh:

• Like 1

Two months into my last relationship, I got him a card & a bottle of his favorite liqueur, baked his favorite dessert, and took him to dinner.

• Like 1

I like cards so I think they are essential. It doesn't have to say more than Happy Birthday.

I'd get him something but I like the whole unwrapping thing. . . a bottle of his favorite liquor is classic; a music CD of a band he likes or a DVD of a movie works. I'd keep it under $30.

If you want to treat him to a date that would be lovely.

• Author
Nah, not necessary. Pre-dinner drink, dinner, movie. Maybe a birthday blow job (kidding, that's entirely up to you). :laugh:

LMAO! :laugh:

Haven't you been paying attention to the things he says on any of these dates?

But really you women have it easy. Birthday BJ. Can't go wrong.

• Like 2
Haven't you been paying attention to the things he says on any of these dates?

But really you women have it easy. Birthday BJ. Can't go wrong.

See, OP? Told you... :p

• Like 1

Keep it simple..dinner, Improv theatre...whatever.

But also some little personal item such as homemade cookies, knit a pair of mitts...or some little inexpensive item that relates to something he has mentioned or relates to the two of you . A personal touch that shows effort.

I always was most touched by a little gift that showed the guy had been listening. Something given in response to a small thing in the conversation. My man got me a YoYo because I had once said I was devastated as a little girl when our dog chewed mine.

Keep it simple..dinner, Improv theatre...whatever.

But also some little personal item such as homemade cookies, knit a pair of mitts...or some little inexpensive item that relates to something he has mentioned or relates to the two of you . A personal touch that shows effort.

I always was most touched by a little gift that showed the guy had been listening. Something given in response to a small thing in the conversation. My man got me a YoYo because I had once said I was devastated as a little girl when our dog chewed mine.

Thumbs up on the cookie idea. I'm a big baker, for a few dollars you can bake a batch of cookies and put them a snazzy jar/tin - looks great. :)

mortensorchid

Dinner (eat out or in and cook it for him). If you want to give a token, flowers. It will bowl him over. Women don't send flowers to men. But only do it if you really like him.

After a month....a card and flowers. It also depends on how often I've been seeing the person. If it's only been 3-4 dates and we're not exclusive, a card only.

• Author
After a month....a card and flowers. It also depends on how often I've been seeing the person. If it's only been 3-4 dates and we're not exclusive, a card only.

i like this idea! thank you

Agree. Anything more is excessive after a month.

I would not buy a guy flowers.

Just take him out and buy him dinner. That's all you need to do at this point. A card would be find if you are a card person.

I was on two dates with now gf when I asked her when was her next birthday.

She looked at me smiling and said "in three days". She laughs about it now because she KNEW the awkward position it put me in.

What did I do? I bought her a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory (because she loves those), and gave her a rose. When I presented them to her I said "Happy birthday, oh and this covers Christmas too".

She loved it and said it was perfect for such a short length dating situation.....and yes we are still together.

• Author
I would not buy a guy flowers.

Just take him out and buy him dinner. That's all you need to do at this point. A card would be find if you are a card person.

Actually flowers (more like a flowering plant) I think would appeal to this guy...

I may or may not get him a card though