How should I proceed?

Janni

Back in november I went to this "dinner"-event, where no one knows each other. You're seated six people together and everyone brings a course (In pairs). Here I met a guy, whom I instantly liked. As far as I was concerned it wasn't mutual, but to my surprise, he texted me the next day and we texted on/off (not every single day. Sometimes only once a week) and it became clear, he was interested.

He told me how he's just been diagnosed with BP this summer and that he'd lent all his money to a friend, why he couldn't afford a date. - He lives in another city and has to take the train. He implied, that he could just go without paying, to which I said no.

Well, last saturday we went out. We just talked, went to a cafe, things were nice and we agreed on getting dinner. After this, we went to another cafe and he took the train home at 11pm (we met up at 4pm)

Up until this date I'd only been slightly interested and found him sweet. Now I found out he's even more attractive, sweet, caring and organised! (The last thing is really great and a big surprise in comparison to the impression I got from our convos) So I really want to see him again. I texted him when I got home and told him I had a great evening and that maybe I should come to his town next time, since he had such a long journey home. He told me "ditto" and "that's a deal. :)" Since then I haven't heard from him. Despite our not-texting-often, I worry, that it might be a bad sign, him not texting me.

Anyway, I don't know what to do now. Any opinions is appreciated :) And btw, he did say a lot a sweet things during the date, we laughed, chatted, he even suggested he could just stay at a friends', so he wouldn't have to go home at 11pm. Though he also told me, I have a lot of the same characteristics as his ex and he mentioned her three times during the date (Also said, he was really annoyed that "this is the 3rd time I mention my ex, but.." - We were discussing when some law was changed here and he said it was the same year as she graduated.)

• Author
Text him and ask when he thinks he will be in town again. Or offer to go to his town to meet and see if he responds....

So I've been thinking about your answer and in the meantime he texted me. We chatted casually as we used to and it kinda calmed my nerves. Do you really think I should be so straightforward and ask him to see me again? I guess I'm worried I'll seem desperate or that I'm way more into him, than the other way around.