Am I playing this right with the girl I like?

David2013

About two months ago, I posted a question online about a moment I thought I'd had with a female colleague. She gave me some pretty long, lingering eye contact which took me by surprise, but obviously it was far too early to gauge anything meaningful from that.

I was wisely advised to take it easy, and see how things go from there naturally, not forcing or initiating anything. I was advised to show her that I enjoy her company, and if we end up talking more, then great. This is exactly what I did.

Well, a few months on and we've started talking more often, eye contact remaining strong, and I have a very good feeling. Yesterday the conversation found its way to our families, and we were both asking questions of each other. She seemed really interested in me, and the feeling is mutual. I think we just really like spending time with each other, and when I got into the office yesterday, she smiled and looked really pleased to see me. It felt great.

I'm fairly certain she is single, and hopefully now she knows I'm single. I'd really like to ask her out now, to get to know her even more, but am I right in still taking it slowly, and seeing what happens? Maybe that step could come naturally soon enough? Obviously I don't want to hold off long enough that she thinks I'm not interested in any more than this!

There is no policy at our work about not dating coworkers, and it has happened in our department before. I just really do like her so I am not sure I want to let this hold me back.

About two months ago, I posted a question online about a moment I thought I'd had with a female colleague. She gave me some pretty long, lingering eye contact which took me by surprise, but obviously it was far too early to gauge anything meaningful from that.

I was wisely advised to take it easy, and see how things go from there naturally, not forcing or initiating anything. I was advised to show her that I enjoy her company, and if we end up talking more, then great. This is exactly what I did.

Well, a few months on and we've started talking more often, eye contact remaining strong, and I have a very good feeling. Yesterday the conversation found its way to our families, and we were both asking questions of each other. She seemed really interested in me, and the feeling is mutual. I think we just really like spending time with each other, and when I got into the office yesterday, she smiled and looked really pleased to see me. It felt great.

I'm fairly certain she is single, and hopefully now she knows I'm single. I'd really like to ask her out now, to get to know her even more, but am I right in still taking it slowly, and seeing what happens? Maybe that step could come naturally soon enough? Obviously I don't want to hold off long enough that she thinks I'm not interested in any more than this!

There is no policy at our work about not dating coworkers, and it has happened in our department before. I just really do like her so I am not sure I want to let this hold me back.

I don't know what advice to give you, but maybe you could do something along the lines of asking her out, but without the seriousness. - When you talk, just casually tell her it'd be nice to get together some time just the two of you. Nothing about a date. That'll show your interest, but still not seem too bold. In my opinion.