Should I contact him? Or wait?

livelikejacksally

livelikejacksally

Hi.

I'm 23 and have been single for the last 4 months.

My sister has a boyfriend who has a brother and we all went out to a club together where I met him for the first time. I talked to him and we got along pretty well :) He climbs in his free time and he said I should touch his hands to see how rough they were from climbing this morning. So there was physical contact :laugh: But he's very very shy. I did the first move and talked to him. But then he asked me questions on his own to keep the conversation up. When I went outside with my sister and her boyfriend (so the guys brother), the boyfriend told me that his brother finds me very nice and I made an impression on him.

When he had to go, I was the only one who he hugged goodbye. 2 days later I sent him a friend request on fb which he accepted. And a week later I changed my profile picture and he was in it (along with 4 other people), so I tagged him and he liked the picture.

I really like this guy, I mean he seems really nice and I would like to get to know him a little bit better. But I'm really shy and I don't know if I should message him or wait for him to make the first step. My sister and her boyfriend are currently on vacation, they'll return in a week. So should I wait the week and then talk to his brother?

He's 29 btw and single :)

Thanks in advance. Bye.

Gottabestrong

I think you gave him lots of hints that you like him. Now the ball is in his corner. If he likes you, he will/should contact you.

If you can't just forget about it, wait till your sister and her boyfriend come back from vacation and ask him what his brother is like in relationships. Also ask him for advice what you should do. I mean, the guy is his brother, but you are his girlfriend's little sister, so hopefully he will give you a rather honest and helpful answer. You also don't seem to be worried about the guy knowing that you like him, so you talking about him to his brother might get back to him and if he is interested it might prompt him to get in touch with you.

Good luck!

• Author
livelikejacksally

yeah, I think you're right.

I just don't want to blow my chances with him. He just seems like such a sweet guy and I would love to get to know him better.

But I'm just going to wait for my sister and her bf to return and then talk to them about him :)

• Like 1

Sometimes us guys can be blind. I know I am blind as hell when it comes to someone liking me.

Please give the guy more hints when he gets back. Not subtle hints because that **** doesn't work on us, unless he's a player and has that "nothing to lose" mentality lol.

But seriously, I think I missed out on a lot of opportunities when I was younger.

Don't let the age fool you. Invite him out to lunch or dinner and see where it goes. Oh I also love it when a women say "let me get the tab." But I honestly wouldn't even let her touch the bill. I find that very considerate and meaningful. Just my 2cent :)

• Like 1
  • Author
livelikejacksally

It's nice to have a male perspective on this.

I just don't want to be too aggressive or coming on too strong. Because that's just not how I am.

My past boyfriends were always the same age as me. I kinda hoped he would be mature enough to just contact me if he wanted to. So I don't want to scare him away :p

No, it doesn't come across as desperate, it comes across as you wanting to see him.

Trust me, most of guys would be thrilled if more women would take the initiative to ask us out. It gets tiring doing all the "work" sometimes.

Yeah, he may say no thanks, you may get rejected (we guys are real used to that), but you won't know unless you ask. What's the worse that can happen?

• Author
livelikejacksally

Okay, do you really think that's a good idea? Did he seem to be interested in me?

So, should I just tell him that it was nice meeting him and asking him how he's been?

Us guys are sometimes blind when it comes to these hints that you think you are giving off.

Send him a message:

My horoscope says that I am going on a date with my sister's boyfriend's brother. I guess it must be wrong though because you still haven't asked me out ;)

• Like 1