Your ex does this, how would you act/respond

How would you feel if you felt like your ex didn't want to talk to you - haven't spoken to your ex for about 3 weeks... then out of the blue they call you up and leaves a msg on your VM - jsut calling to say hi, hope everything is goign welll...

you call your ex back and at the end of the convo your ex says, it's really nice to hear your voice...

how would you feel?

what would you think your ex is thing/doing

and could it be b/c school is coming back in 4 weeks

keep in mind i was the one that dumped my ex..

Well, since you dumped your ex, I'd say your ex is expressing interest in getting back together. At the very least, your ex has been thinking about you and misses you. And, your ex feels strongly enough to contact you -- the dumper -- even though that continues to give you the upper hand. It makes someone vulnerable emotionally to show interest in another when that other person has dumped him/er.

So -- there you are. Now what? If you're not interested in getting back together, just let it go. No further contact. You don't want to lead your ex on / give him/er false hope. If you're interested in getting back together, you can return the call and say that you've been thinking about it and would like to talk. If s/he seems receptive, ask why s/he called -- how s/he's been feeling since the break-up. Go from there.

-- uriel