I've found someone I really really want for the first time in a while, but...

mrbrightside14

mrbrightside14

Hi, I saw this girl for about three months, things seemed to be going pretty well at first. We never had sex (I guess she didn't quite let me), but we showed each other a lot of affection for a long time. She told me a week ago that she wanted to be friends "for now" because she didn't fully get over her ex, the guy she broke up with a year ago but continued to keep in touch with. Tried this "platonic friend thing" for the first time in my life for a few days, but I decided to stay true to my feelings and told her to "let me know when you feel like you are single, ready to mingle, and ready to date me again." She agreed to it, so we are currently not speaking at all. I don't know if she'll ever be ready for me, but part of me hopes she and I get to see each other again because I really do like this girl.

I think I have dated (mostly short-term) and had sex with a good number of girls by now. In my 25 years of existence thus far, however, there have been only two girls I would kill to be with, one of them being this girl (the other girl is now on the opposite coast and seems to be in a happy relationship). She is certainly gorgeous on the exterior, but she has this unique personality, lots of talents, unique life experiences, and a breadth of intellect that I don't see in almost all girls I've met. I have never felt such a strong attraction to someone. I am pretty sad about us not being able to be together (for now or for ever). I started talking to other girls, but they don't quite come close. :/ I think I am gonna say hi to her in a few months to see how she's doing and what she's up to. That's if I am still single and ready to mingle.

When you've finally found someone you really really want but the person can't or won't date you now for whatever reason, do you fight for the person until you have no regret or do you just move on immediately? Share your experiences!

I know exactly what your feeling. I've dated a good number of guys but I've had that feeling only twice. The second time there was no denying a connection. I've never felt more comfortable with someone, and I'm a bit shy. I could talk to him for hours about anything. Then he just kinda disappeared. It hurt and I wish we could have remained friends. If someone isn't on the same page, you can't do much more. Sometimes you just have to move on and know there will be someone that you can still have that with.

• Like 1

mrbrightside14,

I met a wonderful woman from OLD, who, after about two months of sporadic, but meaningful dating told me that she didn't want to "date me right now". Not a full rejection in my mind and thank goodness I didn't come to LS asking about it as most would have told be that it was a total rejection and that I should move on....lol!

Anyway, I did go NC for a bit, but did not dismiss the idea that if she decided to make contact that I would respond. She did. I did. A few more months of interaction and quasi-dating and then BOOOOM! She was gone again.....I must have really liked her b/c I or we remained friends.

My point is that I had the opp. to simply move on, but didn't. Not entirely certain why, but I am with her now and our relationship is vastly different and much more positive, promising. I don't know what to tell you. I really don't. Our circumstances were different. We enjoyed one another and our breaking-up had nothing to do with GIGS, or psychological issues, etc.

In a way, I did move on. I dated other women, but it never seemed the same. Funny thing is that she didn't date other men.:) When we broke-up, she simply stopped dating....I later found out why.

Good luck. Tough call. Most will likely tell you to move on. I probably will too, but I wanted to let you know what I went through by not "moving on." However and whatever that exactly means....:)

Edited by soccerrprp

I would say to not waste any time thinking about this but date others. If it's meant to be, she will come back into your life at some point so there is nothing you need to do now.

• Like 1