Telltale signs of a 'player'

HurtinginVA

HurtinginVA

Alright, lay em on me. What are some obvious, and maybe some not so obvious signs that a guy is a 'player' or just out to get some? New to dating and all, been burned once already.....Thanks guys.

I've been lucky--never have dated a player, although some of my girl friends have had the unfortunate experience:

-Extremely charismatic; very charming and outgoing, gets you to discuss a lot about yourself, but says very little about his own life/background

-Very comfortable with women, will often talk to women who are total strangers. May not be outstandlngly good looking, but a number of women seem to find him attractive.

-The "waitress test"--if he is rude or hostile to the waitress serving him at the restaurant, or if he bowls her over with charm and overly engages her in conversation. Ditch him either way.

- May cancel or change plans with you at a moment's notice, but gets angered or upset when you change plans with him. Very charming and apologetic later on.

- Seems to get emotionally involved rather quickly, tells you how special you are, you are "the one" within a very short period of time. Numerous gifts, flowers, all rather quickly or overdone.

- Great sex, but often leaves or acts distant afterwards

-Has a reputation as a charmer, or has a divided reputation--half of the people who know him think he's a great guy, the other half think he's a liar and a manipulator.

Hope that helps somewhat! :) Other people on LS probably have some good first hand accounts.

Thankfully i dont have any experience of this either, but id say if someones in a relationship when you meet them, and/or your relationship starts with you as the 'lover', then your chances of being cheated on are increased.

i have a friend who hooks up with tons of girls, he never has a job and he borrows money from his friends to live. when he does hook up with a girl he moves in on them and in the past he often will just move to another city (probably because he got in trouble) without even notifying the girl.

he is a sideways hat skinny white boy rap music listenin -tooo much fun having- this guy cant stand not having fun. he will drink every day of the week if there is people to do it with. he has already cheated on his new girl, he goes on little trips to party with his friends in their hometown-a town he hasnt been to and been with the girls there yet. when college was in he was out of control. if a girl got mad at him it was probably because he got drunk with them and had -relations- and then just blew them off. it happened often. my rroates and i would bet and guess which girls were his next target.

i would put characteristics of a player to be

broke but tons of bursting personality -thats how he gets girls quick

unreliable

sence of humor

oh and i was dating this one girl, she was fantastic. so much fun. but i couldnt get commitment out of her. then i went to her hometown (she ddint tell anyone that we were together) and i was shy to show it

one of her friends that i had just met commented on her sexual permuiscquity with most of the guys there. she ended up cheating on me with her ex who was banging her best friend. she was quick to rid of me 'we're friends though right?' and quick to come crawling back. never talked to her again.

i would take it slow. if he rushes you hes probably just looking for fun and not a relationship.