How long after the first date do you expect a text/call?

I was wondering how long after a first date do you expect a text or call from a guy? We went out Saturday night and it's now Tuesday and there's been no texts from him. It was a casual late date, a few drinks at the bar and we went our separate ways at 2am. It was fun, there were SOME sparks, enough for me to become more interested in him than before the date. But I'm starting to think he lost interest since I haven't heard anything. Opinions? thanks!

curlygirl40

Well maybe some more information would help.

How did you meet? What was contact like before you met? How did you leave it? Like, did you text him to let him know you got home safe and to thank him? Did he say he'd like to see you again? When you parted ways, did he say to let him know you got home safely? Things like that.

todreaminblue
I was wondering how long after a first date do you expect a text or call from a guy? We went out Saturday night and it's now Tuesday and there's been no texts from him. It was a casual late date, a few drinks at the bar and we went our separate ways at 2am. It was fun, there were SOME sparks, enough for me to become more interested in him than before the date. But I'm starting to think he lost interest since I haven't heard anything. Opinions? thanks!

when i used to date in the geriatric age, guys used to phone me the next day to organize the next date...but today's dating world is different, for starters mobiles were bricks when i was dating for really rich people and they looked like satellite dishes......and you needed a rhino to cart the mobile around...didnt date anyone with a pet rhino.....and didnt own a mobile phone myself.....but guys were always pretty straight up with me...if they werent straight up in showing interest, i didnt date them because i am reserved so it would end up an empasse if they couldnt ask or follow up........... .i got rid of game players pretty quick casual sex clean my boots sort of guys..i would always be respectful and i expected the same back....it was so much easier back then, way back when.........doesnt help you much...does the guy own a pet rhino?????....smilin...i am kidding.....i think within a week is maybe todays way...not quite sure..

i prefer the next day...with a simple follow up......hey had fun ...lets do it again......

i wish you all the best....let me know if you find a guy with a rhino.....i want to talk to him.......:cool:....deb

Star Gazer

For a Saturday date, I would have expected contact no later than Monday night, if he was interested *enough* for my needs.

• Like 1

When I'm interested I text the night of or day after. Though I hear some people like to play games. Or are just not interested. *shrug*

• Like 1
  • Author
Well maybe some more information would help.

How did you meet? What was contact like before you met? How did you leave it? Like, did you text him to let him know you got home safe and to thank him? Did he say he'd like to see you again? When you parted ways, did he say to let him know you got home safely? Things like that.

we met at a bar a few weeks ago and exchanged numbers. After that we texted back and forth a few times and met up last saturday. After the date, he kissed me on the cheek and asked me to text him when I got home, which I did and said good night. He texted back the same. During the date, there was no mention of other plans specifically, just alot of sharing of what our interests are. He was a little touchy during the date, touchier than other first dates, but not in a creepy way. Since there was some spark, it didn't bother me...

• Author
if a dude is into you he will text asap, the next day. he won't bother with that waiting stuff.

i feel the same. Just don't know the rules or what people do anymore, he's the first complete stranger I've dated in a long time. Others have always been friends of mine first so it was a little different.

Edited by sarahkm
scorpio1978
i feel the same. Just don't know the rules or what people do anymore, he's the first complete stranger I've dated in a long time. Others have always been friends of mine first so it was a little different.

Yeah, I get the not knowing what people do and maybe my expectations are high, but I would expect a text the next day saying something like "I had a nice time" or SOMETHING. I say 4 days tops and if you don't hear anything, chalk it up to there being nothing there. If he was really that interested or was thinking about another date, I would think it would be sooner.

curlygirl40

Well I asked because for me, one of the ways I usually can tell if there's no interest (aside from never hearing from them again lol) is if the pattern changed.

So like if there was a pattern of you guys texting daily and then all of a sudden that stopped after the date, that's a bad sign.

I would expect if he was interested you would have heard something from him by now. But he might be trying to play it cool or he might not get himself in the habit of keeping in touch unless he's asking you for another date, so there's always that.

I would say unfortunately it looks like his interest level is low, but not 100% sure.

Good luck!

• Author
Well I asked because for me, one of the ways I usually can tell if there's no interest (aside from never hearing from them again lol) is if the pattern changed.

So like if there was a pattern of you guys texting daily and then all of a sudden that stopped after the date, that's a bad sign.

I would expect if he was interested you would have heard something from him by now. But he might be trying to play it cool or he might not get himself in the habit of keeping in touch unless he's asking you for another date, so there's always that.

I would say unfortunately it looks like his interest level is low, but not 100% sure.

Good luck!

Thanks...I know what you mean about the pattern. If it did change I probably would have given up already but there was about a 10 day gap between him texting me a basic how are you and again asking me to go out with him...so the pattern doesn't help me in this case :confused: Oh well.

apple OR orange

Not been on a first date really, however if i didnt like someone i wouldnt contact them again.

we met at a bar a few weeks ago and exchanged numbers. After that we texted back and forth a few times and met up last saturday. After the date, he kissed me on the cheek and asked me to text him when I got home, which I did and said good night. He texted back the same. During the date, there was no mention of other plans specifically, just alot of sharing of what our interests are. He was a little touchy during the date, touchier than other first dates, but not in a creepy way. Since there was some spark, it didn't bother me...

If he wanted the second date with you, he would contact you next day.

He went to a bar looking for girl's phone numbers and he was kind of touchy on the first date. So, IMO, he just wanted an ONS but he had failed to get it.

The guys do not typically care for the second dates. They truly believe that they are entitled for ONSs on the first dates.