Upsetting day, "girlfriend" asked me to leave her alone, is it over?

Emissary

I've been seeing this one girl for a couple of months now. She's a troubled sort with some issues, mainly depression. To be honest, I don't really know if she's my girlfriend or not. We have yet to actually go on a date, every single time we have plans, something comes along and ruins everything. She's always had pretty believable stories that I don't doubt, but sometimes I doubt her, that she really wants to be with me.

She's been in Calgary the past few days for their Comicon event. She seemed like she had a really good time from all her Facebook posts and such, but yesterday when I casually texted her if she was coming home today, she randomly texts about how two guys back home completely ruined the entire thing for her.

I texted her back asking what happened, no answer. A few hours later I see on her Facebook saying she needs a hug. I text her saying I'd like to send her a hug, but give her my heart as well, saying I wish she would tell me what's wrong. She simply replied back, "Everything is wrong. Literally. Everything." I gave her like 15 minutes to follow up in case that was just her opening line, nothing. I asked if she would rather I just left her alone, she simply replied "please..."

I just don't know what to make of it, she's had little episodes before were she's had a bad day and vents, but she's always told me what's wrong, and she's never treated me so coldly when I just wanted to help. I lost myself in frustration and replied that I was sorry, and that I really wish it could have worked out, but that maybe it just wasn't meant to be. I quickly took that back saying, I shouldn't have said that, and that I would maybe talk to her today. The only thing that's been holding me up for this entire thing is knowing there was some validation in believing she cared for me, she's always talking to others about me.

I have mixed feelings about what I want the result to be. I really do care about her, and I've never wanted a relationship to work out more than this one. At the same time, this is such a taxing ordeal, part of me just wants to say goodbye and move on.

She's not your girlfriend. Move on.

Sadly, this is true. And it appears she doesn't want your help. Hey, you tried. :(

It doesn't sound like she's into you at all. However, it also sounds like she's emotionally immature and kind of over-dramatic, so I believe you dodged a bullet.

• Like 1
ChessPieceFace

You're her emotional garbage dump. Which means you're in the friend zone. When a girl likes a guy and is trying to get him, she puts on a false front / best face she can. She's not doing that. Of course, not everyone fits gender generalizations, so it's not 100%.

I've been seeing this one girl for a couple of months now.

We have yet to actually go on a date

Something is quite wrong here.

• Like 3

Depressed girls are difficult to be in a relationship man. I know there were probably a lot of good times between you, but I can tell you from experience these episodes will never end. Do you want to live the rest of your life like that?

mortensorchid

Whatever the case may be, she's not in a good place right now to be able to be with you or perhaps anyone else. Move on.