approach anxiety + approach story

Necris

Today I knew I needed to approach someone for the day and I saw this girl that I kind of knew and while she didn't seem all that attractive (she had a skinny body, but something was odd about her face) she felt very approachable, and plus she happened to be carrying a book I've been searching for a couple of weeks for, so I decided to walk up to her and ask her about her book, and she seemed friendly so I instantly got a hard-on making me feel kind of uncomfortable. Fortunately she seemed to be engaged in the conversation (plus asking questions about me) and I felt a positive feeling from her though I also detected a small hint of nervousness but I wasn't sure if it was the "good" kind or the "bad" kind. So things went pretty well, though I didn't ask for a number, but we do cross paths regularly.

This will probably sound weird but I noticed when I approach a girl and try to speak to her I always get a hard-on (never wear sweat pants or athletic shorts I'm not exactly a "small" guy so that will make it super obvious:lmao:) especially if she seems friendly. Also I may feel a little queasy and nervous as my heart races, which as you can imagine would be quite annoying.

Any tips to help me calm down when I approach women?

• Like 1
  • Author
Copious amounts of alcohol will usually do the trick.

:lmao:

Nah, I'm not sure if I'd be able to function correctly, plus I hate the taste of alcohol.

Also does that approach seem like it has some potential?

Alot, I automatically analyze everything.

Just like me ;)

Here's a tip - learn to meditate. Sounds silly, but it works for me a little to steady me. I stop "thinking my thoughts" and I watch them closely instead. If your mind works like mine, thoughts shift very quickly through your head at warp speed. But the more adept you become at objecively observing your thoughts, the slower they move - until you stop thinking at all. Then you control your mind to a degree.

Try it when talkoing to a girl. Be completely present in the convo. Get out of your head for a few minutes and focus all on her. That should help.

• Like 2
RogerWallace111
Today I knew I needed to approach someone for the day and I saw this girl that I kind of knew and while she didn't seem all that attractive (she had a skinny body, but something was odd about her face) she felt very approachable, and plus she happened to be carrying a book I've been searching for a couple of weeks for, so I decided to walk up to her and ask her about her book, and she seemed friendly so I instantly got a hard-on making me feel kind of uncomfortable. Fortunately she seemed to be engaged in the conversation (plus asking questions about me) and I felt a positive feeling from her though I also detected a small hint of nervousness but I wasn't sure if it was the "good" kind or the "bad" kind. So things went pretty well, though I didn't ask for a number, but we do cross paths regularly.

This will probably sound weird but I noticed when I approach a girl and try to speak to her I always get a hard-on (never wear sweat pants or athletic shorts I'm not exactly a "small" guy so that will make it super obvious:lmao:) especially if she seems friendly. Also I may feel a little queasy and nervous as my heart races, which as you can imagine would be quite annoying.

Any tips to help me calm down when I approach women?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

aaah man, no maliciousness in my response, your wording etc just made it a little "epic". sorry you're dealing with that issue... i suggest finding one of these girls who wants to help you with your problem. if you're friendly, and your boner's large, there will be girls who are down.

• Like 1
  • Author
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

aaah man, no maliciousness in my response, your wording etc just made it a little "epic". sorry you're dealing with that issue... i suggest finding one of these girls who wants to help you with your problem. if you're friendly, and your boner's large, there will be girls who are down.

Its an automatic response for some reason if I approach a girl and she acts friendly with me that is just what happens.

Alot, I automatically analyze everything.

Don't!!

Focus on her and the conversation instead.

I think it's a good sign that she got nervous. When I was a student, I used to get very nervous around guys I liked. Tongue-tied even on occasion.

Now I don't care. With practice, you will stop getting so nervous. As for the boners, I never thought to look down and check when a guy was talking to me. *makes mental note to pay close attention in future*:laugh: Just avoid hugging her, and chances are she won't notice either.

Its an automatic response for some reason if I approach a girl and she acts friendly with me that is just what happens.

Carry a book or newspaper. Hold it strategically when facing this ordeal.:laugh:

At least the plumbing works. Some guys aren't so lucky!

• Like 1
Just like me ;)

Here's a tip - learn to meditate. Sounds silly, but it works for me a little to steady me. I stop "thinking my thoughts" and I watch them closely instead. If your mind works like mine, thoughts shift very quickly through your head at warp speed. But the more adept you become at objecively observing your thoughts, the slower they move - until you stop thinking at all. Then you control your mind to a degree.

Try it when talkoing to a girl. Be completely present in the convo. Get out of your head for a few minutes and focus all on her. That should help.

I have the same problem. All I do when I meet people is analyze. It's a plus and a minus. I read body language/situations very well but as a result, I lose focus of what the person is saying. So I do a lot of head nodding and "yeah's". I can't help but analyze. This has been my bread and butter when it comes to physical interactions with women though. I read their body very well and it's easier for me to find out what stuff turns them on without them having to tell me. Making me look like a natural :p

You're not the only one this happens to.. Awkward Boners

As others have said, I'm sure the women aren't noticing. And if they do happen to notice, as awkward as it may be, it would be extremely flattering.

• Like 1
  • Author
Just like me ;)

Maybe I should learn something about meditation, and you're right for me my thoughts are constantly racing all the time, my mind has always been like that, though it seems to have gotten worse over the years to the point I have embarrassingly at times blurted out a "word salad" though this is very rare.

Now when I talk to people I'm not spacing out or anything like that, if I were spacing out I wouldn't be analyzing them:D.

• Author
And if they do happen to notice, as awkward as it may be, it would be extremely flattering.

Flattering? hmm.......:lmao:

Good for you Necris.

The more you do it the less nervous youll get. Its like public speaking/performance anxiety...the more comfortable you get by doing it over and over the less youll freak out

Sorry, cannot give any advice about the plumbing haha.

Whew that was funny. Damn son I never heard of getting a hard on from just a friendly girl. Does it happen every time you talk to a girl?

• Author
Whew that was funny. Damn son I never heard of getting a hard on from just a friendly girl. Does it happen every time you talk to a girl?

Only if I'm approaching a girl that I may consider dating and she seems friendly to my advances, otherwise no.

Also I was wondering from my conversation in the OP with the girl does she seem potentially interested?

Only if I'm approaching a girl that I may consider dating and she seems friendly to my advances, otherwise no.

Also I was wondering from my conversation in the OP with the girl does she seem potentially interested?

Well you have a common interest with the book and whatnot. It seems she might be interested in talking to you. Don't get so far ahead of yourself. Just talk to her like another person, boner-free, and see if you can't hit her up for a date.

Feelin Frisky

That's bizarre. Do you have a sex history or are you new at it? It would seem the type of thing someone with PE might get--Quickdraw McGraw. If you've been around and are not a young virgin or just have a few encounters, that can either be something you just live with and try not to be seen with or you might have some mild neurosis that can be treated with a medication like an SSRI. If however you get the girl's number and start having a real relationship you'll better be able to gauge if you just have some kind of thing you can grow out of without help. Popping a hard-on when talking to someone new where there's no sexual agenda on the other person's part that is THAT immediate will more often than not get you seen as a, for lack of a better word, creep. A "man's man"--the kinda guy women love and men want to be like don't go around like a caboose to their penises.

Flattering? hmm.......:lmao:

Yes, flattering. She's attractive enough that you can't help yourself.:laugh: Who doesn't like to be seen as attractive?

Again, there's a very good chance she won't realize you have an erection going.

If she was nervous, it's possible she might be interested. You won't know for certain until you ask her. There were no signs of disinterest, right? So go for it. Don't overthink things. Talk to her about the book a little more. Find out a little bit about her and her interests. Ask her out for ice cream or something. (Movies are not a good choice for a first date.)

Good luck!:)

• Author
That's bizarre. Do you have a sex history or are you new at it? It would seem the type of thing someone with PE might get--Quickdraw McGraw. If you've been around and are not a young virgin or just have a few encounters, that can either be something you just live with and try not to be seen with or you might have some mild neurosis that can be treated with a medication like an SSRI. If however you get the girl's number and start having a real relationship you'll better be able to gauge if you just have some kind of thing you can grow out of without help. Popping a hard-on when talking to someone new where there's no sexual agenda on the other person's part that is THAT immediate will more often than not get you seen as a, for lack of a better word, creep. A "man's man"--the kinda guy women love and men want to be like don't go around like a caboose to their penises.

I'm a complete virgin actually, maybe that's why.

jual kostum badut Termurah

Sanggar KostumBadut.co.id, adalah sebuah Produsent Spesialist Pembuatan Kostum Badut, Terlengkap Di bandung. Dengan di dukung oleh Tenaga Ahli yang Bepengalaman dan Teknologi Komputerisasi, kami berani mengklaim Produk kami yang paling mirip dengan aslinya. Baik yang ada di Disney Land, Dufan, Ancol dll. Tidak hanya itu kami pastikan kualitas bahan yang kami pilih Benar-benar No. 1 Dikelasnya. KostumBadut.co.id. Memiliki dua katagori spesial dalam produksi kami, yakni Badut Karakter dan Badut Maskot. Adapun contoh badut karakter antara lain : Donal Bebek, Tom and Jery, Upin dan Ipin, Spongebob, Dora Emon, Winie The Pooh, Angry Bird, Bobo, Casper dll. Sedangkan contoh Badut maskot antara lain : Maskot Kems-stone, Extra Joss, Air mineral, Maskot Piala Dunia dll. KostumBadut.co.id. Dalam mengikuti perkembangan, kami siap menghasilkan produk-produk terbaru dan terkenal saat ini, berbagai karakter idola yang sering hadir di layar kaca. Kami pastikan kami pun siap membuat replika kostum badutnya, seperti Superhero, Kapten Amerika bahkan sampai Sinterclass Sekalipun.

upinipin.jpg

jual kostum badut Termurah

Sanggar KostumBadut.co.id, adalah sebuah Produsent Spesialist Pembuatan Kostum Badut, Terlengkap Di bandung. Dengan di dukung oleh Tenaga Ahli yang Bepengalaman dan Teknologi Komputerisasi, kami berani mengklaim Produk kami yang paling mirip dengan aslinya. Baik yang ada di Disney Land, Dufan, Ancol dll. Tidak hanya itu kami pastikan kualitas bahan yang kami pilih Benar-benar No. 1 Dikelasnya. KostumBadut.co.id. Memiliki dua katagori spesial dalam produksi kami, yakni Badut Karakter dan Badut Maskot. Adapun contoh badut karakter antara lain : Donal Bebek, Tom and Jery, Upin dan Ipin, Spongebob, Dora Emon, Winie The Pooh, Angry Bird, Bobo, Casper dll. Sedangkan contoh Badut maskot antara lain : Maskot Kems-stone, Extra Joss, Air mineral, Maskot Piala Dunia dll. KostumBadut.co.id. Dalam mengikuti perkembangan, kami siap menghasilkan produk-produk terbaru dan terkenal saat ini, berbagai karakter idola yang sering hadir di layar kaca. Kami pastikan kami pun siap membuat replika kostum badutnya, seperti Superhero, Kapten Amerika bahkan sampai Sinterclass Sekalipun.

upinipin.jpg

cool story bro