meet a guy from online..into me or not?????

orlando_bloom_is_hot

orlando_bloom_is_hot

ok if anyone of you read my very first post:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=35041

u would know i have been single for 11 1/2 months after being dumped by my ex of 2 years... well recently..i met ANOTHER guy online who lives closer to me.. (about 10 miles away) he's 2 years younger than me tho..i'm 21 he's 19.. and it seems we are hitting it off pretty good..we have been talking on the phone a lot and he's totally made me fall for him.. he says things my ex never said in the 2 years we were together.. he even says things like "i love you, my friends say i shouldn't get attached so soon" "you are gonna be the mother of my kids" "plz don't hurt me"

in comes the drama:

we have planned to meet twice already..and twice he can't make it..first time cuz he had no ride...second time same thing.. i understand his car is broke down right now... but i really wanna meet him... it's not that he doesn't wanna see me, he asks me "Can you get a ride over to my house?" "Come over today" but i have no car and can't drive UGH!! Also..i want him to come here the first time we meet..

funny thing is...he looks a lot like my ex.. acts like him too, their names even start with the same letter "R"..it's scary..it's like they could be brothers..

some days hes all "i love you Mia plz find a ride to my house" others he's just like "oh hi"... he says he hates girls that play games...but i feel like he's playing the games and sending mixed signals.. if he wants to see me..why does he keep finding reasons why he can't meet me some place, yet asks ME to go to HIS house where him and his mom are???

• Author
orlando_bloom_is_hot

yeah he does..but he says then he won't have a ride home.. i don't want to go there FIRST...i would feel safer if he came here..it's not even that far.. but like i said i'm not a driver..and he is.. so if he's just messing with me, why does he ask me to go there??

I have found that internet based relationships can be a little risky. People will say things that they might not normally say to you over the phone or even in person. It sounds like he is giving you the run around. Hopefully he is not lying to you intentionally, that would be ugly!!!!! Aren't you a little scared about meeting this person? I have always had this phobia that if I ever met someone on the internet and decided to meet them that they would turn out to be crazy or something. lol!! Just be careful!!!

You haven't been single all that long. Maybe you really need to focus on you before you jump into something ese. Take a vacation or do something special for yourself.

I would never go meet someone from the Internet at his house unless I'd known him a long time and had enoughinformation to check him out. Nineteen-year-olds can be dangerous, too. He might be perfectly fine, but you two should try to meet halfway at a public place. Do you both have friends you could go with? You could make it a foursome and all get to know each other and then you'd each have a friend's opinion, too.

• Author
orlando_bloom_is_hot

I have been single for almost a year... 2 weeks it will be 1 year, i haven't even went out with another guy...but i have feelings for this one...we do talk on the phone and he's so sweet to me.. it's just the meeting part that's getting in the way..

i met my ex from the internet, we were together as a couple for 2 years after we met.

ThisGirlNameKD

I met my husband online, so I believe that a relationship that started out on the internet can be possible if you go about it the right way.

1. Do not invite him over to your house. That's just for your personal safety. I know you like this guy and you may have been talking for awhile, but alot of people have been had by those they thought were legit. So take percaution. Before my husband, I met up with a guy who lived in my area, and when we talked on the internet, he told me he was 5'8". Now I'm 5'8" and when I met him in person, I towered over him. People send pictures, but sometimes they don't send the ones of them too.

2. Do not go over to his house. I find it funny that he can't make it to see you, yet he wants you to come over where he is. Again, take percaution.

3. When you do meet, agree to me in a neutral place, like a restaurant or movie theater, and if possible, take a friend with you on the first date.

I think if you decide to finally get together and meet that you should atleast meet at a public place just to be safe. It is quite possible that you two could hit it off from the very moment you lay eyes on each other. You never know until you try, anything is possible.

• Author
orlando_bloom_is_hot

yeah i know..i WONT go to his house..i told him we will meet at the movies..but he says "i cant go until i get my car fixed next week, but you can come over here"

also he sends mixed signals...

some days he keeps calling me "whats up beautiful, how's my mia?" "when are we having those kids hehe?" other days he says very... little..

then he says things like "i have trust issues, please don't hurt me" (because his ex dumped him like my ex did to me) but i feel like i'm the one getting "hurt" because all he talks about is holding me and liking me soooo much...yet he won't come meet me!!! but always says "come over mia" but i'm not gonna do that...he's the guy he should come see me..

Sorry but I wouldn't be telling anyone I want them to have my kids until I've met them and have spent a lot of time getting to know them. And if I did really feel that way about you, a taxi is just a phone call away.

• Author
orlando_bloom_is_hot

this suxs this guy is the first guy i have had feelings for since my ex 11 months ago..haven't even went out with anyone.. if this guy is playing me..imma be hurt..but if he's not, then why is he too lazy to meet?

MustBeGoingCrazy

Well, this might sound like a silly recommendation, but 10 miles isn't that far if both of you are going half way.

Depending on how long you've talked, and how much you honestly both want to meet each other, perhaps you could find a happy place in the middle to meet up (public, for your safety-- as you don't know him 100%, and also for his safety as he doesn't know you 100%(not saying you would do anything, but it's as if HE were posting this question!)).

If things get to such a point, just hop a bicycle, and you should both meet up with each other in under an hour at said meeting place....

Or alternately, agree to meet him somewhere by HIS house but not AT his house (if you can get a girlfriend of yours to drive you over there, it would be all the better).

Just a couple suggestions :) He might have the same holdups that you do, so this could be a compromise, somehow.

I met my bf over the internet and we've been going out for a while now.

All i can say is, ALWAYS take all the necessary precautions, no matter how "nice and sweet" he could be.

You just never know, esp. in this day and age. In my case, we agreed for a cup of coffee at Starbucks somewhere around my area (since he only lives about 8 miles away). It's in the daytime, and there were a lot of people. Then, of course, i didn't want our date to end because we hit it off right away, and he was even much cuter in person than in the picture. :-)

Safety first. Agree to meet half-way. Ask friends for rides or take a cab. Good luck.