Guy-friend sends mixed signals.

Alia_alia

So I met this guy-friend through other friends of mine. During the summer we had 3 "intense" one-on-one moments (his deck, beach, & park) where we chilled, no kiss, but caressing, him touching my back. All were very random, i.e he didn't actually ask me to go with him - we just happened to be together. I shared with him a lot of my life present and past and I don't usually do that with any friends.

Now I had to leave in September for school, so nothing happened between us (note that he never invited me to anything and we didn't txt a lot). Before leaving he sent me a txt saying he'll "miss chilling with me & see you next year". I replied with the same.

Now this week, I went back home and I met him again at a party. He seemed a bit distant at first (talking to some other girls) but then hugged me like usual and it seemed we were friends as before. The next day I was at his place for another party and he refused when I asked to see his new room. Altogether very very indifferent to anything I was doing. Didn't even make eye contact with me (note that he saw me before in another friends of his room, although we were just talking).

Now, I don't know why but it's all the same with this guy. We have wonderful moments and then all of a sudden - blank. As if he didn't even know me. Is he playing some kind of game, or is he genuinely not interested in me for friends or more?

Thanks

Its hard for anyone else to know, but the fact that he saw you in another guy's room could've caused it. People jump to conclusions or what not. But you two weren't remotely together so he shouldn't have cared

• Author

I guess i won't know for sure then.

It's not that only episode. It happens constantly. A lot of times (especially when we're in group) he almost ignores me, doesn't even look at me in the face and might go and talk to some other girls. Then others we'll have wonderful 1 on 1 moments.

If he acts differently when its just you and him, and when the two of you are with other people that might mean he is shy about doing it in front of others. If he doesn't text or ask to hangout that might mean he is not that interested. Is he a shy person? Good luck with this, even though I wasn't much help haha.

• Like 1
todreaminblue

Could be shyness what the poster above said about not wanting to say or do things in front of others could be key......only he knows really. I have a past situation where i was at a party with my ex now but i couldn't just go up to him and tell him how i feel i had avoided him a lot actually which was pretty hard ....but if there a will there's a way and i managed to avoid him at this party.....i actually asked another guys advi8ce on what to to say and how to tell him i cared.......he told me not to tell him and that i should go out with him because he liked my ass....my point in sharing this is.....shyness can make you avoid people and asking others doesn't mean they will tell you the right thing to do.....what i did was thank the guy he helped me make my decision....and i did the opposite of what he said to do......so i think you should ask him.....like i decided to do....because only he knows how he feels......talk to him..best wishes..deb

• Author

He almost neeeever texts. He's actually really really bad at texting. Txts me like 2 hours later or even a day sometimes.

And he's also very reserved. When we were at the beach with friends, he would just read a book, or go take a swim on his own. He might be shy, although Idk he has a very confident/manly figure.

The other thing is, a bunch of times, he has refused to actually come out with me and common friends.

When I left we had a little txt talk I ll post below.

Me: Hey so are you guys going to XYZ?

Him(2-3hrs later): Im at XYZ now.

Me: It's ok I'm boarding my bus right now : (.

Him: Ok, see you next summer.

Me: :0 no! You can't get rid of me that quickly.

Him(30 mins later): I ll miss chilling with you kido : ). -- (And I got supper happy :p)

Me(2 hr later): I miss chilling with you to. I already can't wait to come back and visit.

Further info. When one-on-one, he becomes a real care bear. Ive told him everything about me, my relationships, how I'm broken because of certain people (and probably never fixable again :p). When another guy kissed me in a club (common firend), I asked him for advice and he did not look bothered at all. He said maybe I should give a chance to the guy.

But then again the way he touches me, seems like so much more than friendly. Im confused :S :S :S :S

Thanks for reading