Love online? Should it progress this quickly?

lucky7

Hi! Ok tell me what you guys think. With all this online talk Im curious what you guys would think of this.

I met him about a month and a half ago. We started out emailing eachother, exchanged pictures, then started talking on the phone. We got along great!! We finally went out on a date and it was so awesome-great conversation, excitement, things in common, etc.

Things are moving SOOOO fast though. I've never felt or acted this way with anyone else before. Normally, I am totally independent and have been single for a few years now. But all of a sudden he comes along and my world is turning upside down.

We talk constantly and recently he asked me to move in w/him and I said yes! Is this crazy? It feels so right though--I hope I am not being naive. I am normally so cautious with every decision I make.

The more I find out about him the more I feel like I am falling for him (ive been in love once a looonnnng time ago). He's so amazing to me and he says Im all he can think about.

Has anyone ever progressed this quickly in a relationship?

Originally posted by lucky7

Has anyone ever progressed this quickly in a relationship?

My aunt did, in a situation similar to yours, but more extreme. Things worked out miserably, and she's been scarred since. Don't let that stop you, anecdotes are hardly cause for speculation on someone whom we know little about, but I did feel like sharing.

Just don't lose touch with reality, don't invest yourself in something 100%, unless you're willing to take a 100% loss.

Yes. I did it. It's easy to get swept up in something like that. I figured I'd played it too safe prior to that so I should throw caution to the winds and go for the gusto. I got a lot more than gusto; most of it unpleasant.

Do NOT move in yet. Give it time. If you really are in love, it will wait. If not, then you'll be able to move in when you're sure.

Sometimes people with real big problems try to snag you before you figure out how big their problems are. :(

reasontosigh
Sometimes people with real big problems try to snag you before you figure out how big their problems are

Truer words were never spoken.

That was exactly the thought going through my mind when I first read your post, though I was unable to articulate it even half as well as moi has. My last relationship I had moved in with him after seeing him for only 4 months. I did know going into it that I was replacing two roommates who weren't holding up their end of things - that was never a problem. The real problems finally came to the surface (and came to a head rather quickly once they surfaced) two years later.

I strongly urge you to reconsider such a move so early in the game.

Sometimes people with real big problems try to snag you before you figure out how big their problems are.

never ever thought of that before. lots of things have just become clear. thank you - basic & obvious as that comment sounds, sometimes i just cant work it out for myself.

to Lucky7 - does he live close to you? i have done the whirlwind thing twice, and both times there were lots of insecurties on both sides that came to the surface afterwards - but i am glad i did it both times, i am happy that its given me what i know today. and my past experiences now tell me not to do it again.

apart from that, you could be denying yourself the best part of the getting to know you period - someones signature on here is a 'light that burns twice as brightly burns half as long', i dont necessarily think thats true, but it illustrates that you are taking away the delicious part of prolonging your honeymoon period, what for? to share washing up. build your foundation first, then youll know hes worth his weight in dirty socks.