a kiss on the cheek

SpleenPoetry

SpleenPoetry

Hi guys,

I am wanting to know, especially from the men here....

after a date he kisses you on the cheek.....What does that mean?

Why do you kiss a woman on the cheek?

Does it mean, you're sweet but no thanks? Does it mean you see her as a friend? Does it mean I like you?

Just curious to see if there is something about a kiss on the cheek at the end of a date......or even nothing at all??

thanks a lot in advance!

LittlePrince

Must not have been confident enough to try to kiss you on the lips. The signals you were sending out were too weak or confused. Should have been more upfront, explicit, and direct if you wanted him to give you a real kiss and more.

The guy I'm dating now, hugged me at the end of the first date and second. Third and fourth, kissed me on the cheek. Fifth, he was about to kiss me goodnight on the cheek but I kissed him on the lips. I thought he was respectful and considerate of my boundaries. We're still together. I don't believe a kiss on the cheek is indicative of his lack of interest. He could just be respectful and waiting for you to give him a sign that it's okay to come in.

Must not have been confident enough to try to kiss you on the lips. The signals you were sending out were too weak or confused. Should have been more upfront, explicit, and direct if you wanted him to give you a real kiss and more.

^This 100%. I went on a first date with a girl a while back. There was some flirty playful banter back and forth. But for some reason I felt like she was holding back something. Which I was right, because she told me that as we drove by some crappy restaurant, that her ex took her there when they broke up (HUH!:confused:). I made a joke about the situation and told her that usually girls don't bring up ex's on the first date. Anyways, I drove her back to her place and offered to walk her to her door. We hugged and said goodbye and I kissed her on her cheek. She texted me no more than 10min later saying how much fun she had with me.

Well anyways my gut feeling was right and no more than 3-4 weeks later, she was back with her ex and she was telling me she wasn't ready for a relationship. Needless to say I kicked that friendzone bull$hit to the curb and went on with my life. I don't think that helped her ego though......not that I care :D.

So in conclusion, you may say or do little things during your date that us guys pickup on. Sometimes that can lead to us thinking that your not too into the date or into us.

As a side note: How did the date go? What did you guys do?

wakaflockafarnz

It's all about the signals a woman gives off for me. The woman can be incredibly funny, smart, ambitious, cultured, attractive, etc, but if the signals are weak and there's lack of opportunity, it's a killer.

Woman like guys to be more aggressive, but that doesn't mean the woman should be passive. Flirting is banter. It takes both of you to keep it going. Touch him, be playful, give him "the look". If he's into you, he'll go in. If not, lose him and move on.

I totally agree, women need to give off some pretty strong signals to get the generally respectful and slightly more conservative guys to go for a kiss on the lips straight up! Ive had the situation before (very recent) where ive got to the end of a date and kissed the girl on the cheek cos I couldnt work out her signals, but then again I am useless at decoding girls signals unless they are pretty clear. It generally means he likes you though, but is considerate of your boundaries and his own position.

• Author
SpleenPoetry

thanks for all your replies!

well the 'date' went great! He invited me over for dinner at his house and watched a movie at his place after the dinner. It was really nice! He even lit some candles during dinner...cute haha.

The reason I'm holding back a bit is because I don't really know if he's into me...for example: he always texts his friends back immediately and he always carries his phone with him, but it sometimes takes hours or even days before he replies to my texts. If I'm really interested in someone, no way I'm going to wait 2-3 days to reply to his message! And he wasn't even that busy those days, as he had days off from work (he told me sometime)

Edited by SpleenPoetry

The whole text thing is a game, i do it to the girl i like now sometimes i text her straight back, sometimes i leave it days or even a week!! It keeps the girl thinking about you usually.....but she also does it to me sometimes too, and i tell you it certainly does get me thinking of her. It can be bad though cos it can make you think you said something wrong or that you've blown it and theyre not interested, this mind game keeps you even more interested, it can work both ways!