Dating her, but I can't tell if she likes me or just my company?

monkey00

So I met this girl online and we've been on 3 dates together. She is a few years younger, a 1 year old transplant to my city, apparently has quite a bit of guy/gay friends. So far every date I've payed our share, she has never offered to pay at all, and has never said thank you after me having payed the tab. On our dates so far, the majority of the time she does the talking...though only once in awhile she will ask me questions during a conversation. Which makes me believe she's probably not that interested in getting to know me or she is self absorbed.

Anyway I find her to be difficult to read. So far she's accepted all my date offers, which I tend to plan ahead at the end of each date. We've kissed and made out, but she doesn't seem to be good at french kissing - which makes me believe she's inexperienced or has never had a bf. She also seems sheltered also and has never traveled broad by herself or with friends. She also doesn't seem to have much close friends. When I text or call her to set the time & place for the date, she takes a few hours to respond.

Yesterday on our 3rd date, she apologized about lying about living in my neighborhood from the 1st date. She said she got nervous and that's what came out of her mouth. Honestly she seems like a really sweet girl and she sounded really sorry about it. And I was laid back and told her it's no problem! People make mistakes I said.

Anyway tonight I called 2x and she didn't pick up, so I sent her a text setting the place and time for our next date which she agreed to...and I'm still waiting to her back. I really wish I knew where I stand with this girl. I also wonder if because I didn't bring her back to my place, she doesn't think I'm interested in her sexually? Yesterday before we parted, she asked me again where I live.

She reminds me exactly of another girl I tried dating a few years ago, also with the age gap difference. Eventually I dropped her because I didn't feel like she was into me and was only hanging out with me because she was bored. But I never did find out.

Does anyone have any similar experiences with dating someone that's like this? What do you think about this girl I'm seeing?

Lots of guy friends yet acts shy/inexperienced/nervous?

She's around men all the time. She knows how to interact with them. You shouldn't be any different.

Takes hrs to respond to a txt & usually doesn't pick up the phone?

Women, especially younger women check their damn phone every 5 mins. If it takes her that long to respond to a txt when you know she isn't working or in a class, then she is either with another guy or taking that long to respond on purpose.

Do you have your own place?

Invite her over for a movie.

Go for it.

You will know what she's about at that point.

• Author
Lots of guy friends yet acts shy/inexperienced/nervous?

She's around men all the time. She knows how to interact with them. You shouldn't be any different.

I'm thinking the same thing too. But if she's into me, then there's a possibility she could be nervous at times but not show it.

Takes hrs to respond to a txt & usually doesn't pick up the phone?

Women, especially younger women check their damn phone every 5 mins. If it takes her that long to respond to a txt when you know she isn't working or in a class, then she is either with another guy or taking that long to respond on purpose.

Do you have your own place?

Invite her over for a movie.

Go for it.

You will know what she's about at that point.

Yeah since I met her online, I figured she was on a date with another dude yesterday when I tried calling. Actually for our 4th date I suggested we have dinner and a movie at my place, she agreed. Hopefully she's going to show up tonight or I'll hear back from her.

So I met this girl online and we've been on 3 dates together. She is a few years younger, a 1 year old transplant to my city, apparently has quite a bit of guy/gay friends. So far every date I've payed our share, she has never offered to pay at all, and has never said thank you after me having payed the tab. On our dates so far, the majority of the time she does the talking...though only once in awhile she will ask me questions during a conversation. Which makes me believe she's probably not that interested in getting to know me or she is self absorbed.

Wow, dude, maybe she's just nervous. A lot of people are chatty when they're nervous.

Anyway I find her to be difficult to read. So far she's accepted all my date offers, which I tend to plan ahead at the end of each date. We've kissed and made out, but she doesn't seem to be good at french kissing - which makes me believe she's inexperienced or has never had a bf. She also seems sheltered also and has never traveled broad by herself or with friends. She also doesn't seem to have much close friends. When I text or call her to set the time & place for the date, she takes a few hours to respond.

Maybe your trying to hard, moving too fast, (?)

Yesterday on our 3rd date, she apologized about lying about living in my neighborhood from the 1st date. She said she got nervous and that's what came out of her mouth. Honestly she seems like a really sweet girl and she sounded really sorry about it. And I was laid back and told her it's no problem! People make mistakes I said.

Anyway tonight I called 2x and she didn't pick up, so I sent her a text setting the place and time for our next date which she agreed to...and I'm still waiting to her back. I really wish I knew where I stand with this girl. I also wonder if because I didn't bring her back to my place, she doesn't think I'm interested in her sexually? Yesterday before we parted, she asked me again where I live.

And.. why is it you having asked her to your place?

She reminds me exactly of another girl I tried dating a few years ago, also with the age gap difference. Eventually I dropped her because I didn't feel like she was into me and was only hanging out with me because she was bored. But I never did find out.

So you are doing the exact same thing you did once before but expecting a diffident outcome? You do know what they say about that right? :laugh:

Does anyone have any similar experiences with dating someone that's like this? What do you think about this girl I'm seeing?

You like her, she like's you, what's wrong with just dating? I loved dating, sometimes it lead to more, sometimes not. I dated a lot, slept with a few, only married two, not at the same time of course :p Enjoy yourself & her & the adventure of what happens rather than trying so hard to script it. Just curious; what is the age difference & most importantly; how old are the two of you?

lslslslslslslslslsl

Edited by oldguy