LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Has this ever happened to you and what does it mean?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 4th November 2011, 4:38 PM   #1

Has this ever happened to you and what does it mean?

I've been seeing someone for 7 months and often we say the exact same thing at the same time! It happens probably a few times a week, but I never met someone where this happened, lol. Does it mean anything like a connection or just coincidence? A lot of people say we're a lot alike in our mannerisms and stuff.

Also, has this ever happened to you?
Asian_Hunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 4:55 PM   #2
Established Member

Yes, it has. It's usually a coincidence but in my experience, if you have similar values, you're bound to think similar thoughts and make similar comments. It seems 'magical' when you're in love but I don't think you need to give much more thought to it than that. It's just a sign that you're probably more compatible with him than the average person on the street.
january2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 4:57 PM   #3
Established Member

As January as said. Also over time, you build up shared history, in-jokes etc so when something happens that reminds you of those events, jokes etc, you will probably have similar reactions.

- Richard Dawkins
anne1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 5:34 PM   #4

I never had that with anyone. Well, with my ex we used to finish each other's sentences for like a month and then it never happened again lol.

Guess I shouldn't think too much of it then.. haha But that's a good thing right?
Asian_Hunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 5:37 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asian_Hunnie View Post
But that's a good thing right?
I think it is - it can certainly make my H and I smile or laugh when we do it.
anne1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 5:39 PM   #6
Established Member

Agree with Anne. It's a good thing!
january2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 6:14 PM   #7

agree with all of the above. it's always happened to me with my best friends as well! when you spend a lot of time with someone.. stuff like that is bound to happen. enjoy it! (:
itsmewren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2011, 6:41 PM   #8
Established Member

Yea I get this with my bf, we often text each other at the same time or say the exact same things at the same time. Ive often gotten strange feelings but not sure why and then he'l call me and say something has happened (generally bad things but sometimes good too)

Im not sure what it is - some sort of a "connection" Im not sure.. I could half understand it if we were married/together years but were only together 5months and we live an hour away so dont even see eachother all the time - but its a nice feeling overall
confused kitty is offline   Reply With Quote