Dating newbie

LondonScouse

I'm 27 and have just come out of a ten-year relationship. Recently I met a lovely Norwegian girl in a bar after work one night and we hit it off immediately. We've been on three dates in 10 days and every one has been really nice. We've shared the odd kiss and held hands, but nothing too intimate. That's fine with me. I don't want to rush things.

Last night we went to the opera. I could sense, however, that something was wrong - it turns out that she found out that morning that her grandpa is dying. So obviously she was upset and preoccupied. She apologised for being down and said that she will have to go back to Norway. "Just so you know I'm going to be antisocial for a while," she said before the show. That's fine with me. I understand totally. At the end of the night she said thanks and that she would see me "soon but I can't say when exactly".

I text her this morning to say that I hope she enjoyed the show and that it raised her spirits (if only a little). I told her to call or text me anytime if she feels like she needs to talk. However, I've not had a reply from her, which is very odd. Not even a "thank you for taking me out last night" kind of text. She sent me something like that on Sunday even though we just went for a walk in the park.

As much as I want to give her space to mourn her grandpa etc, I don't want the momentum we've generated to fall away as I've quickly realised that I really like this girl. We have a lot in common and always have a great laugh. However, since I've not dated in so long I don't really know how I should play this one out ... should I just not contact her again for a while; maybe give her a call in a week or so to see how she is and offer to take her out again? I'm guessing the fact that I've not heard from her means that she wants to be left alone for a while? The thought of not knowing if and when I will see her again is torture (wow I must be smitten already).

Another thing - after three dates (in ten days) is this getting serious or still too early in game? Thanks a lot in advance for any advice.

Edited by LondonScouse