Online dating profile views - the online equivalent of furtive glances in the halls?

Princess_of_Darkness

Princess_of_Darkness

Hi all,

I'm currently trying my luck on RSVP with mixed results (why do people ignore the 'ideal partner' age range?)

On Sunday, I sent a 'kiss' (for non RSVP users, that's a message chosen out of a predetermined list to say 'im interested'). He viewed my profile about an hour after I sent it then sent a reply a few hours after that saying 'Thanks, but I don't think it'd work out between us' (one of the predetermined replies). No big deal.

But since then he's viewed my profile about twice a day (it tracks who views your profile) and I just can't understand why. Why view the profile of someone you rejected?

Is this the online dating equivalent of furtive glances in the halls or am I overthinking things and it doesn't mean anything? I'm honestly confused so any opinions/help appreciated!

I tend to view other women's profiles more than once sometimes (on accident sometimes too). However this is when I am clicking "Roll the Dice!" and on OkCupid. Is there a feature like that on RSVP is it?

Maybe he is interested but shy like myself and likes the idea of looking and thinking more than actually acting upon anything. However, I believe people like that (myself included) are far and few between, because I don't know many people like that. Then again my introverted nature may be keeping me away from them, lol.

So could be anything.

• Author
Princess_of_Darkness
However this is when I am clicking "Roll the Dice!" and on OkCupid. Is there a feature like that on RSVP is it?

No, RSVP doesn't have a radomiser like that, as far as I'm aware. And I assume that if he was going through a search, by now he'd remember my name/profile.

I am wondering if he's interested, but it just seems a bit confusing since he already rejected me. Maybe he's interested but doesn't want to send a message since he's already rejected me?

No, RSVP doesn't have a radomiser like that, as far as I'm aware. And I assume that if he was going through a search, by now he'd remember my name/profile.

I am wondering if he's interested, but it just seems a bit confusing since he already rejected me. Maybe he's interested but doesn't want to send a message since he's already rejected me?

Really? You think he's interested despite the tiny, small, insignificant fact that he rejected you.

Way to go.

• Author
Princess_of_Darkness
Really? You think he's interested despite the tiny, small, insignificant fact that he rejected you.

Way to go.

Yeah yeah I know. And no, I'm not an idiot thankyou.

I just think it's weird that he rejects me, then views my profile twice a day. You'd think by now he'd be going 'oh yeah, I've rejected her already' not viewing it again.

Yeah yeah I know. And no, I'm not an idiot thankyou.

I just think it's weird that he rejects me, then views my profile twice a day. You'd think by now he'd be going 'oh yeah, I've rejected her already' not viewing it again.

Sorry if I came off harsh, bad morning. Anyway, just saying, don't waste your time thinking of him, seeing that you have already decided to open a thread about him (in an indirect way).

Either way, you should move on and if he does send you a message in the future, think if it's really worth going further with someone who plays games.

And as for the shy guy comment of the above poster: shy guys might not send you the initial message, but they definitely wouldn't reject you, on the contrary, they'd hope and pray and cross their fingers that you'd do the first move. At most, it would of taken them a while to respond, but that's about it.

• Author
Princess_of_Darkness
Sorry if I came off harsh, bad morning.

No worries

if he does send you a message in the future, think if it's really worth going further with someone who plays games.

Don't worry, I've already considered this and if he did send me a message, I'd be very wary of what was going on.

I mainly opened the thread out of sheer curiosity about how others would interpret it. I just couldn't work out why he'd keep viewing the profile of somebody he rejected, seemed rather pointless.

The times when I've repeatedly looked again at a profile of someone I'm not interested in (including cases where we've been in contact and I've rejected her) have usually been because I didn't recognise that it was a profile I had already seen when it came up again in a search and because the tiny thumbnail looked promising but the 'bigger picture' (including all the words, not literally just the photo) wasn't what I was looking for. I don't pay attention to usernames of people I'm not interested in, so I don't tend to recognise those.

I like the "Hide" feature on OKCupid because it allows me to hide profiles that I never want/need to see again. (and this the feature I would most like to see added to PoF)

Sometimes I also go back to a profile of someone that I've rejected to have another look - I see the email again in my inbox and think "hmm, nobody else emailed me today, let me take another look to be sure" - but I've never changed my mind, or perhaps I'm visiting the profile just to click on that Hide button.