How do you approach a group of girls at a bar?

I've always had trouble approaching girls in general, but what is even more difficult is approaching a group of girls at a bar, party, club, etc... What normally happens at bars is groups of girls always huddling and dancing with each other. Or they can just be hanging out and drinking, but still taking to each other.

Because of this, I have no idea how to approach them. Half the time their back is turned because they are talking to each other. What should I do? Should I bring a few of my friends over so it isn't like a 1 on 3 situation? How do I get the conversation started since generally I am only interested in one of the girls in the group?

What should I say? I don't want a pick up line or anything. I just want your story as to how you started a conversation with a group of girls, and eventually got them to talk to your group of guys. Something as simple as 'hi' will suffice, however, that is kind of weird if you go and say hi to a group of girls who you haven't made eye contact with.

Girls: How have guys approached you when you are in a group? What was the first thing they said?

I'm interested in that initial sentence or two. And it could be as boring as, 'My name is so and so.'

Thanks!

Edited by 385
I've always had trouble approaching girls in general, but what is even more difficult is approaching a group of girls at a bar, party, club, etc... What normally happens at bars is groups of girls always huddling and dancing with each other. Or they can just be hanging out and drinking, but still taking to each other.

Because of this, I have no idea how to approach them. Half the time their back is turned because they are talking to each other. What should I do? Should I bring a few of my friends over so it isn't like a 1 on 3 situation? How do I get the conversation started since generally I am only interested in one of the girls in the group?

What should I say? I don't want a pick up line or anything. I just want your story as to how you started a conversation with a group of girls, and eventually got them to talk to your group of guys. Something as simple as 'hi' will suffice, however, that is kind of weird if you go and say hi to a group of girls who you haven't made eye contact with.

Girls: How have guys approached you when you are in a group? What was the first thing they said?

I'm interested in that initial sentence or two. And it could be as boring as, 'My name is so and so.'

Thanks!

Don't, unless you actually want a slut who will end up cheating on you my advice is don't pick up girls in clubs, parties or bars.

if she's making some sort of eye contact with you, she will make it easy on you to approach her. she might even get closer to you first. if not- assume she's not interested.

@ 385

Does the phrase "Like a sheep to the slaughter" mean anything to you?

Don't do it Dude. Never approach a group of girls in a bar , it never ends well for the guy . You're better off approaching her in a more relaxed and neutral location when the rest of the wolf pack isn't with her :);) You can test her feelings for you much better and still keep your self respect intact if/when she turns you down.

There's nothing sadder to me than watching a guy being torn apart verbally by a group of girls because he bought into the lie that putting himself way out there was the "Manly" thing to do.

Protip: Do not say anything that ends in "ladies". No matter what you say you will sound like a creep unless you are the oldspice guy.

Governing Dynamics: Ignore the Blond Scene - A Beautiful Mind Movie (2001) - HDhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemLiSI5ox8

Don't do it.

Best way to approach is within the setting of school or work.

Go to the bar have a drink and ignore the women.

Go to the bar have a drink and ignore the women.

And strangely enough, doing this and just having fun with your buddies is what will sometimes get women to come to you...

Feelin Frisky

If you are tall and handsome, have no butterflies and are blessed with the gift of gab, then you may come off as the "most interesting man in the world" to these basically cowering chicks hudling together. Sure wish I had that gift of gab. :rolleyes: Stay thirsty my friends.

Edited by Feelin Frisky

The body language of not making eye contact or smiling, keeping my back turned to the room, and et cetera is meant to signal to you that I'm not interested in meeting anyone new.

However, if the body language is promising (smiling, eye contact, or breaking briefly away from the group), then I would encourage approaching either alone or with a wing-man. As lame as it sounds, a topical ice breaker can sometimes work IF the girls are receptive - "what are you drinking/celebrating/thank god it's Friday/go Cubs!"

If you do not want to lose face simply say:

"You can have me if you play your cards right."

You could also say:

"Why are you checking me out?"

You could also ask her to buy you a drink and you may consider talking to her.

Don't, unless you actually want a slut who will end up cheating on you my advice is don't pick up girls in clubs, parties or bars.

That is quite a blanket statement

As others have said, never approach a group of girls...it won't end well...she needs to be alone for easiest approach.