HELP!!! Am being used to spare a broken heart!!!

Hi there,

I justed started dating a guy for my class. Approx 2 months now. things seem to be going very well. We got pretty serious pretty fast. The thing is he just got out of a serious 4 yr relationship a few weeks before we started seeing each other. I am just curious am I being used to replace the pain of the breakup. I have feelings that he may not be truely over her.

of course hes not fully over her.

and shouldnt be, 4 yrs is a long time

i dont think hes using you but he might be on rebound.

be considerate and supportive of him, dont think of

his feelings for this girl as a personal attack, it has

nothing to do with that.

hes just hurt, so if you care for him, then you'll be

supportive and helpful.

How do I prevent from being the "rebound"??? I really like him & don't want to be wasting my time just to be hurt at the end of the day. Plus another thing is, when I was over his place. His mom called him. I guess she found out he was seeing someone new. and didn't mention it to her. He was actually trying to hide the fact he was seeing me. From the sound of the conversation it seem he was quite defensive about how soon he seeing me. Becuz he let his mom think things with his ex ended due to no time for anyone right now. I guess his mom was hurt, becuz she thought him & the ex would marry one day. I am so confused!!! Please help!!!