Saying no to the friend with a girl I like. Did I do the right thing?

shanemike88

shanemike88

I recently told the girl I was seeing after 2 months that I couldn't do the just friend thing if that is where this is headed. Just a few signs I saw over the past few weeks that made me think thats where it was going.

1) Less time spent together

2) bailing on plans last minute

3) her not really asking me to do anything anymore. You get the point.

So when I told her this isn't going to work and I can't be her friend because I obviously have feelings for her that she doesn't have for me. Well, she didn't take it as well as I thought she would she actually got mad and said she just isn't "emotionally" stable for this and that she wanted me to pretty much stick around because maybe something could happen. I don't want to be some doormat for a girl who has emotional problems its just another reason to get put in the friend zone. I made efforts to see her and even set up dates all the time. For instance we were supposed to go see a concert next week together but I told her not to worry about it after I dropped the "I'm not going to be in the friend zone bomb" and now I am taking my buddy. I really like her but she doesn't really make any time for me like she did in the beginning so I shouldn't do the same. Did I do the right thing?

I think you did the right thing...you're looking for something she isnt...no reason to waste time with her when it probably isnt going anywhere