Havent heard from my SO for 3.5 days

Should I go check on her? Usually she always returns my text, and calls. I'm worried because this is unusual behavior from her. I don't want to look to clingy/desperate though.

TaraMaiden

I'd go checking after one day!!

Should I go check on her? Usually she always returns my text, and calls. I'm worried because this is unusual behavior from her. I don't want to look to clingy/desperate though.

Timmeh,

Check up on her. Just swing by with flowers and say Hi and say your in the area :-).

ladyinlimbo

Timmeh,

Before we advise, can you give a brief snapshot.......how long have you 2 been together? Are you definitely in an exclusive relationship? What was your last communication with her, how did it go, how was it left? Do you know her family at all such that you could contact them and tell them you're concerned? Even if you go to her place, it's not like you can get in if she doesn't answer, right? Or what about a best friend.....do you have the contact # for her best friend?

• Author
Timmeh,

Before we advise, can you give a brief snapshot.......how long have you 2 been together? Are you definitely in an exclusive relationship? What was your last communication with her, how did it go, how was it left? Do you know her family at all such that you could contact them and tell them you're concerned? Even if you go to her place, it's not like you can get in if she doesn't answer, right? Or what about a best friend.....do you have the contact # for her best friend?

6 months and we're definitely exclusive, my last communication with her was Friday at 5 PM. She was going on a trip to see her brother who lives in another state. Usually when she goes on trips she text me, probably even more than usual. I know that is exactly what she was doing because her parents were excited and kept talking about the trip. (she was going with her parents). I just want to know if she's ok... this is unusual behavior for her. Maybe her phone broke? Or even worse maybe she got injured? I don't know I'm just really worried for her right now.

OriginalPenguin
6 months and we're definitely exclusive, my last communication with her was Friday at 5 PM. She was going on a trip to see her brother who lives in another state. Usually when she goes on trips she text me, probably even more than usual. I know that is exactly what she was doing because her parents were excited and kept talking about the trip. (she was going with her parents). I just want to know if she's ok... this is unusual behavior for her. Maybe her phone broke? Or even worse maybe she got injured? I don't know I'm just really worried for her right now.

Did you guys leave things on a positive note? If so it may be that there is a phone issue, possibly no signal or something like that.

I second the idea of being able to contact a friend or family member, 6 months and exclusive you definitely are not out of bounds showing concern and I would not consider that clingy at all.

• Author
Did you guys leave things on a positive note? If so it may be that there is a phone issue, possibly no signal or something like that.

I second the idea of being able to contact a friend or family member, 6 months and exclusive you definitely are not out of bounds showing concern and I would not consider that clingy at all.

Well she was in a big metropolis area..... I don't think signals would be a concern. Crazy thoughts are running through my head right now.

And yes we did leave on a positive note. She was saying that she missed me and hoped to have me all to herself on next Sunday.

ladyinlimbo

Well if she was going on a trip out of state with her parents, was she expected back by now? How would you go "check on her" if she's on the road? Do you have the contact # for her brother to see if they arrived? Can you contact any close friends of hers? Has she been active on any social networking sites like Facebook or Myspace?

It's possible she's having an issue with her phone.

Do you have any contact #'s for her parents? their cell? or any other family members?

BTW, if your last communication with her was @ 5pm on Friday, it's not even been 3 days, though I guess that's quibbling.

• Author
Well if she was going on a trip out of state with her parents, was she expected back by now? How would you go "check on her" if she's on the road? Do you have the contact # for her brother to see if they arrived? Can you contact any close friends of hers? Has she been active on any social networking sites like Facebook or Myspace?

Do you have any contact #'s for her parents? their cell? or any other family members?

She was supposed to be back sometime yesterday, I even heard her parents talking all about their plans.... I'm hoping it's just an issue with her phone.

aboheleven

has she been on fb? stauts updates etc? If you guys are exclusive that is very odd. I would contact one of her friends and see whats up.

• Author

BTW, if your last communication with her was @ 5pm on Friday, it's not even been 3 days, though I guess that's quibbling.

Sorry I meant thursday.

• Author
has she been on fb? stauts updates etc? If you guys are exclusive that is very odd. I would contact one of her friends and see whats up.

She doesn't use social media... If you look at her facebook she hasn't status updated since 2009.

creighton0123

I'd call her and leave her a voicemail telling her that you're worried and wondering if she's alright.

Skip the text.

If it turns out that you had tried to check on her to make sure she made it there safely... and she ignored your attempt(s) because she was "too busy", you may want to have a sit down and talk to her about how "too busy" is no excuse.

Hope she's alright.

• Author
I'd call her and leave her a voicemail telling her that you're worried and wondering if she's alright.

Skip the text.

If it turns out that you had tried to check on her to make sure she made it there safely... and she ignored your attempt(s) because she was "too busy", you may want to have a sit down and talk to her about how "too busy" is no excuse.

Hope she's alright.

Well... Today I have business in her area anyways, I'd only be going a couple of blocks out of my way to check on her. If it truely is a phone problem then I could find out.