Is it too awkward to ask as woman out on facebook if you haven't spoken in years?

bubtherug

I found this girl that I used to work with on facebook. She always seemed very flirty with me , though at the time I had a GF.

I'm like 4 years older since she was a Year 1 University student and I was pretty much graduating at the time.

It's been about 3 years since I spoke to her. Recently while looking up friends, I was really attracted to her profile pic and remembered that I used to find her as attractive before.

I'm just wondering , because I don't even know how I'd react in the given situation if someone randomly contacted me years later. Would it be too awkward to straight up ask a woman out on a date in this context?

Have you friended her? Did she accept? Does she have a R status listed, does she have pics of her with the same guy?

Mrlonelyone

Depending on Lucky ones answers I say go for it.

I mean heck we have dozens of websites where people ask out people they have NEVER EVER MET (OKC AFF, EH, Match ...)

Just ask to meet and catch up. If she says no or does not reply just enjoy her FB updates. No harm done.

Asking a girl out over facebook is typically one of the worst venues because it's so easy to just ignore you and girls like to be asked out in person.

However I've been through this scenario and when you have no way of meeting the girl in person other than arranging through facebook, it's your only option.

I would ask the girl if she wanted to get coffee or something, then ask her out officially when you meet for said coffee. The hard part is getting her there, ask her out in person and you're money. I've tried this a couple times myself though with no avail but hey what do you have to lose right?

ChessPieceFace
It's been about 3 years since I spoke to her. Recently while looking up friends, I was really attracted to her profile pic and remembered that I used to find her as attractive before.

Seems shallow, sorry. I mean, it's just physical attraction? Or did you just omit the more worthwhile reasons.

As for asking her out, I'd say that seems desperate if you haven't talked to her in years. Why not try to chat online first or maybe meet her in the guise of "catching up" or something like that. Beyond that I have no practical advice due to lack of experience/success.