What does it mean when a married woman stops wearing her wedding ring???

wonderwhy1

Just wondering why a woman would stop wearing it? I'm not married but I recently noticed a cowrker of mine stopped wearing hers about 2 months ago. She's been married for 10 years I think. Also lately she has said some very sarcastic things about him very quickly. I also noticed he didn't send flowers to work for her for Valentines Day. When I asked her why she said "I told him not to bother"... Could she be having problem with him??? What's the most likely scenario here?? An no I'm not trying to chase her down lol

maybe they are in the process of seperating or are sperating, my husband and i seperated alittle abt 2 months ago and i took off my wedding rings the night i told him it was over.

Why do you feel so much concerned ? are you interested on her ? If not, why would you care what's going on in her life ?

Anyway if she's not wearing her wedding ring it doesn't take rocket science to understand that her marriage is going downhill and probably on the divorce path.

Edited by East7

I have known women to stop wearing their rings temporarily when they got too tight, or needed to be mended or altered at the jewelers--a friend of mine was mugged and lost hers along with all her jewelry, and it was a couple of months before her insurance paid back enough $ to get it replaced. In conjunction with the sarcastic commentary, however, there's a pretty strong likelihood that this woman's marriage is on the rocks. Possibly they have separated and/or are pursuing divorce.

You do seem to have more than a casual interest, though.

• 1 month later...
LittleTiger

I took my wedding ring off the day I accepted my marriage was over but I can't speak for why anyone else might do it.

Presumably you're interested in this woman, otherwise why the need to know?

Citizen Erased

I'd have to say it means she's entitled now more than ever to her privacy and speculation is pointless and quite rude.

• 1 month later...
riverdaniel

I am engaged and I have an engagement ring. I do not like the way it looks with a band against it. Do I just use it as my wedding ring or do I get a new ring. All of the rings I like are labeled engagement and not wedding.

Just wondering why a woman would stop wearing it?

She put on weight? Lost weight? Broke it? Lost it? Worried about losing it? Doesn't like it? It's at the jewellers being altered? She sold it for cash? Going through a rebellious/independent phase? Had an argument with hubby? There are loads of reasons that don't mean "marriage in trouble", but it could be that, too.