Beard, or no beard?

LeaningIntoTheMuse

LeaningIntoTheMuse

It's been suggested to me that women don't really dig the facial hair all that much. So my question is to the girls on the board...

How much would facial hair put you off a guy? Is there anybody who digs beards?

I've always have a thing against unkempt hair, but lately I find myself immensely attracted to men like Gerrard Butler and Hugh Jackman. The thing about them is that a little scruff makes them come across as manly. As long as you're not following Brad Pitt's grizzly look, a little stubble can really turn a woman on.

Hokie agrees with me on this. Here is a list of what you need to be successful with women:

-a deep voice

-the hairier the better

I'm missing a few points....hmm

• Author
LeaningIntoTheMuse

I don't have a very deep voice, and don't have much hair, except on my head and face.

I suppose I have to compensate for facial hair, to make up for lack of body hair, lol.

No beard. Facial hair is not good for the facial skin of the most women! The stubby new growth hurts and grazes the skin.:(.

There is a reason why waxing for men is a growing trend, you know!

I like the look of facial hair on guys provided it's kept neat but on the other hand, my boyfriend has a beard and mustache and while I think it looks great on him, it hurts when we kiss, especially if we have an extra long make out session :( It also makes my face all red so we have to be careful if we're on our way out the door somewhere because it takes awhile for it to go away.

Beards at the right length are bad-ass. Every guy has his sweet spots in terms of lengths. For me that's a 2.5 day scruff or a beard that has grown for at least a month, anything in between that I don't find to have the right aesthetic for me.

Very few guys actually keep a perpetually short scruff. The reason is that most men don't own precision beard grooming/trimming tools. To keep a perpetual 2.5 day scruff you need precision tools, there's no way around it and most men only own a basic electric or manual razor and that's it. So you can either go for a smooth shave without scruff, or you can wait 2.5 days and have a nice scruff for half a day.

For those that don't know, a 2.5 day scruff looks something like this: http://tinyurl.com/63syk46

• Author
LeaningIntoTheMuse
Ke$ha digs beards.

Nah, I don't like that entertainer, so I wouldn't dig someone who thought like her.

I'm sure there are plenty of girls out there who like them. My question was more aimed at whether or not I'm hurting my chances at attracting women because of beards?

And beards.

As for women, not so much. Unless we've been married to you for 10+ years and we're at the point where we like your personality, have children together and have learned to tolerate the facial hair. I'm sure grizzly adams had a wife, but she probably ran off with a clean shaven fella from another town and that's why we never saw her in the series.

I think I'll start a thread asking "Pits, shaven or unshaven?"

Edited by daphne
Hokie agrees with me on this. Here is a list of what you need to be successful with women:

-a deep voice

-the hairier the better

0/2 where this woman is concerned

As long is it's not squeaky, I don't mind a more boyish voice. And also not a huge fan of hairiness.

I think I'll start a thread asking "Pits, shaven or unshaven?"

Please do ;)

OP, my exW agrees with tami-chan and had a mean wax pot to back up her words. I've come to prefer the clean-shaven look, even though I still have a relatively 'baby' face at 51. It just feels better. Also, women apparently enjoy rubbing their hands on my clean-shaven head, too. YMMV

I love beards. I love facial hair. My Dad, god rest his soul, had the most magnificent handlebar moustache. I guess that's why I probably have an affinity for moustached men.

But not neckbeards. That's just too much beard for me. Also, trim that shiz.

I love beards, and big hairy men in general. There's something manly and comforting about a nice hairy chest and chin. Also beards are amazing for oral sex :D

OP, I don't think you would hurt your chances with women by having a beard - you would just attract women who like beards!

Most beards DO look like sh*t though, because men simply don't give a damn. But if done well, within the sweet spot ranges, beards can look cool and bad-ass. I think men see it differently from most women. Many men intuitively see it as a symbol of manliness and perhaps authority. I don't have a beard though, at the most I'll leave some scruff for a few days if I don't feel like shaving.

Most beards DO look like sh*t though, because men simply don't give a damn. But if done well, within the sweet spot ranges, beards can look cool and bad-ass. I think men see it differently from most women. Many men intuitively see it as a symbol of manliness and perhaps authority. I don't have a beard though, at the most I'll leave some scruff for a few days if I don't feel like shaving.

I take it back, it's the not-giving-a-damn that is so utterly sexy.

-a deep voice

-the hairier the better

You forgot the innate ability to have sex for an indefinite period of time.

All the girls I've been with except 1 has liked my facial hair. My current girl says I look awesome with it - unsolicited complement. I keep it trimmed with a 1 guard once a week so it never gets anywhere near unkept. I got a photo or 2 in an album on here if anyone is curious.

The one girl that didn't like it I only dated for a short time (beard wasn't the issue heh) but she said it just felt weird to kiss me. I trimmed it off and then she said I looked like a 12 year old (I'm 29). Luckily it only takes about a week to grow back.

When I was younger, I didn't like beards or moustaches, but wasn't a deal breaker.

Now, I pretty much like everything. Shaved, stubble, beards, moustaches, goatees, whatever. I think facial hair is more in fashion & maybe that's why I love everything.

I was bananas for a guy who would rotate his look from shaved to moustache to beard. I thought that was particularly attractive.

I was bananas for a guy who would rotate his look from shaved to moustache to beard. I thought that was particularly attractive.

I think the novelty of different looks helps keep things fresh and interesting. It's like you're still with the same person, but not the same person, if that makes sense...? I guess the same could go with hairstyles.

Yeah, I rotate from Caesar Cut and no facial hair to a Fade, and mild beard and soul patch. Helps attract women with different tastes!

I think the novelty of different looks helps keep things fresh and interesting. It's like you're still with the same person, but not the same person, if that makes sense...? I guess the same could go with hairstyles.

I dunno. Something about a pair of mutton chops says, "I don't give a damn, pet my cheeks."

• Author
LeaningIntoTheMuse
I dunno. Something about a pair of mutton chops says, "I don't give a damn, pet my cheeks."

That is quite a pickup line:

"My cheeks need love, please pet them."

Then I start purring when she starts. :laugh:

Man, that sounds weird! I'm not a freak, I promise!

Edited by LeaningIntoTheMuse