when a guy invites you over

moonlight123

So there is somebody I recently met who I'm sure is interested in me. He has given me a lot of signs and I have also returned them but we haven't gone out on a date yet. It turns out we live in the same neighborhood and the other day he told me that I should drop by and visit whenever I want. The problem is he asked me to his place but not OUT.

Should I take this as a sign that he only wants me at his place (eg for sex) or is it a sign that he actually is interested in me and wants to get to know me better?

If he's physically attracted to you, he probably wouldn't mind having sex with you. But who knows why he's inviting you to his place. Maybe he's going to cook you dinner, maybe he's going to sodomize you forcefully, maybe he's going to introduce you to his gay lover - point is we don't know, and you don't know...and you know why? Because all of us know LITTLE about him. So if you know little about him, it's probably best that you DON'T go over to his place. Suggest an alternative setting, perhaps?

First rule of dating- Never go back to a guy's place on the first date unless you're looking to have sex. This always applies to every girl because whether you want sex or not, by allowing yourself to be in a place where physical intimacy is possible, you're clearly giving him the signal that you can be prompted into having sex.

Suggest a local place where the two of you can meet mutually. If at the end of the night you still want to visit his place for coffee, avoid the bedroom and any rooms with proper furnishing.

I don't know the full story, but I'm going to pretend that this guy is too dense to realize that you are into him on a romantic level. I think you should ask him if he'd like to get a cup of coffee or beer sometime. You don't have to make a declaration of your interest in him. Be direct and see how he responds.

I think it's fine for women to make a clear, unambiguous move. I sometimes do it and what's nice is the ambiguity is broken right away. My success rate is very low when I ask guys out, but that's expected. The guys who are into me usually make the first strike.