Do women in their 40s like dating men in their early 30s?

jean-luc sisko

jean-luc sisko

I am 31, and I like to date women in their 40s.

Do 40-something women generally like dating men in their early 30s?

A 40-something woman might be a bit wary that a guy in his 30s would suddenly decide that he wanted a family (which she's too old to have) and dump her. Usually when guys of that age date women who are past childbearing age, they just want a fling and hot sex before they move on to finding the future mother of their children.

• Author
jean-luc sisko

I've made a kind of personal vow not to have children, since handling children makes me uncomfortable. I don't really believe in using women for sex. I have principles. :p

I am 36 (not quite in my 40's). My husband of almost 15 years was one year younger than myself.

Since our divorce the oldest man I have dated was 30........the youngest was 22 (silly of me).

I would prefer someone closer to my own age - they don't seem to be around!?!?!?!

When I am 'just' in my 40's I would probably be happy to date a man in his 30's.

But to be honest I hope I am not dating then. I am not great at it!

Why do you like to date older women?

I've made a kind of personal vow not to have children, since handling children makes me uncomfortable. I don't really believe in using women for sex. I have principles. :p

I don't believe that using women for sex exists. If they willingly have sex with someone, they're not being used.

• Author
jean-luc sisko
I am 36 (not quite in my 40's). My husband of almost 15 years was one year younger than myself.

Since our divorce the oldest man I have dated was 30........the youngest was 22 (silly of me).

I would prefer someone closer to my own age - they don't seem to be around!?!?!?!

When I am 'just' in my 40's I would probably be happy to date a man in his 30's.

But to be honest I hope I am not dating then. I am not great at it!

Why do you like to date older women?

I can relate to them better.

• Author
jean-luc sisko
I don't believe that using women for sex exists. If they willingly have sex with someone, they're not being used.

Perhaps, but to me there always should be mutual consent.

Remember the older they are the more miles they have most likely.. and if you do fall in love, it will s)ck when they reach 50... "so how old is your g/f?" ... "she's fiftyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy years olddddddddddddddddddd" lol

I'm in my 40's and I stick to high 30's and low -mid 40's...

Ruby Slippers

A good friend of mine is about to turn 40, and she prefers to date men in their 20s and 30s. She says most of the men she meets that are in their 40s or older act like old men. She has the attitude (and pretty much the looks and bod) of a 20-something herself, so for her, it makes sense.

A good friend of mine is about to turn 40, and she prefers to date men in their 20s and 30s. She says most of the men she meets that are in their 40s or older act like old men. She has the attitude (and pretty much the looks and bod) of a 20-something herself, so for her, it makes sense.

Fine with me. ;)

Ruby Slippers

I have been having a lot of fun melting my own mental barriers about relationships and age. I have ALWAYS had relationships with men within 2 years of my age.

But lately, I am taking the time to explore my attraction to younger and older men. Just by checking them out, playing eye flirtation games.

What I am thinking so far is that men are just damned sexy and beautiful, no matter if they're 25 or 55. They have shining qualities at any age.

OMG, am I getting over my bitterness? Maybe for this week. haha

• Author
jean-luc sisko
it depends on if they have "normal knowledge" or not... and if they are willing to help each other find it..

What is wrong in getting normal knowledge? Are you against growth and do you usually have illogical beliefs?

A good friend of mine is about to turn 40, and she prefers to date men in their 20s and 30s. She says most of the men she meets that are in their 40s or older act like old men.

same here

I'm 39 this year and I've been dating men much younger than me for years now. Love it! Very much doubt that will change once I reach my 40s ;)

paddington bear

I'm 38 and all through my 20's and 30's have thought that I wanted someone either older than me, or around the same age.

Last guy (lover not boyfriend) was four years younger, and on the rare occassions that I do get approached by men, often they are in their 20's (I look younger than I am)

I like the notion that younger men are not as messed up yet...but having met a few now (and reduced my age limit on who I'll date) they are just as messed up, so makes no difference.

Anyway, the answer is yes, many women would!

I am in 40s. I like dating men in 40s-early50s because it is fun. They plan great dates and pay for everything generously. I hate having sex with them because most of older men are turn off for me. They do not look sexy and they are cold in bed. Fortunately, it is very easy to avoid having sex with them.

I love having men in 20s as my FWBs. They are great for sex. But, dating them is impossible because they do not pay for anything and they are not into dating older women at all.

Men in mid/late 30s have not worked out well for me neither for dating nor for sex. In my experience, they might plan cheap/or boring dates and pay for it. Having sex with them is just OK because of their attitude mostly. They are not into dating older women as well.

Anyway, people are different. There are many men who are looking for emotional connection and serious relationships. My experience is different because I have never met the younger men who were looking for a serious relationship with me.