Some thoughts as the year draws to a close

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

As this year draws to a close and we all think about the things that we have gone through (good and bad), I find myself in another place. Maybe it's the product of age, maybe it's having learned many lessons in life, but I am once again facing the fact that I am still alone and turning 36 next week. I am not sad anymore to think that another year has passed me by and that I have not found love. I tried a few times, but it didn't work out for whatever reason.

Remember, we will all find something to keep us happy someday. We cannot force things no matter how much we want it to happen NOW. The wind will blow our way somehow because we are good people at heart. If someone tells you that they aren't good during the holidays, are clinging to the past, etc., then THEY are the losers. You have a lot to offer, and if they don't recognize it, then they have the problems. It's really not you, it's them. And whatever it is that didn't work out isn't meant to be no matter how much you tried.

Happy holidays everyone. I hope Santa brings you whatever you want and we'll all start the new year with hope in our hearts and good things.

Happy holidays! :)

Having experienced some rather traumatic events this year, including the end of an LTR, I also find myself in a contemplative mood. I've been freed from some things that held me back and my life is now not set in stone anymore.

I know some of what next year will bring but otherwise the future is uncertain. That fills me with both trepidation and excitement.

I don't know if I'm sad or happy overall because I'm still processing and riding the rollercoaster of emotions.

When I was younger, I'd hoped that at this time in my life, I'd be "sorted." To reach this stage and be asking, "What shall I do with my life?" is not something that I thought I'd be doing.

At the moment, I feel like I'm waiting for some kind of ephiphany. But deep down, I know that I'm sick of waiting. I've been 'waiting' for the past 10+ years and while I've had many adventures along the way, I'm not sure that I really wanted any of those experiences despite choosing them at the time.

I think it's time to take back control and be more proactive.

Here's to a more focused and productive 2011 :D