LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Any white guys have insight on dating persian girls?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 18th November 2010, 8:12 PM   #1
Established Member

Any white guys have insight on dating persian girls?

I am dating one now and gotta say she is nothing like a typical white girl that I am used to dating. Any warnings I should know about?

Thx
CLS63AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 8:16 PM   #2
Established Member

Stage 5 clingers
Sivok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 8:17 PM   #3
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivok View Post
Stage 5 clingers
Please elaborate
Old 18th November 2010, 8:33 PM   #4
Established Member

I don't know persian girls, but I can give you some insight into Asian girls.

Can you elaborate a little before we list the stereotypes?

- Bobsacramento
xpaperxcutx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 8:47 PM   #5

Journal Entries: 1
Hmmm, Persian? Sounds a lot more romantic than what it is: Iraqi or Iranian. Sure, Persian. I'll bite.
Feelin Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 8:51 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS63AMG View Post
I am dating one now and gotta say she is nothing like a typical white girl that I am used to dating. Any warnings I should know about?
Thx
Sooo... is she Iranian American? Canadian? Diasporan? Not all persian girls are in the same boat. How much control do her parents have over her? How conservative are her parents? Does she speak Farsi?

In my experience if she is young and the parents are conservative... your going to have some serious restrictions.

Also... what is her view on religion?

Lots of stumbling blocks with Muslim women. It's not like other types of inter-cultural dating.
Cobra_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 9:01 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_X View Post
Sooo... is she Iranian American? Canadian? Diasporan? Not all persian girls are in the same boat. How much control do her parents have over her? How conservative are her parents? Does she speak Farsi?

In my experience if she is young and the parents are conservative... your going to have some serious restrictions.

Lots of stumbling blocks with Muslim women. It's not like other types of inter-cultural dating.
Persian-American, not religious, 26 yrs old, father not in the picture, mother is-havent met her yet.

From what I read already, they are very stuck up and have high standards. This one doesnt seem to hold either trait, although I dont take her to crap places either as I prefer the nicer joints.

I am asking in general, from guys with experience...how do the differ from white girls?
Old 18th November 2010, 9:31 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS63AMG View Post
Persian-American, not religious, 26 yrs old, father not in the picture, mother is-havent met her yet.
From what I read already, they are very stuck up and have high standards. This one doesnt seem to hold either trait, although I dont take her to crap places either as I prefer the nicer joints.
I am asking in general, from guys with experience...how do the differ from white girls?
Well... it sounds like she is pretty much Americanized... so I'd say not much difference.

The Iranian American girl I dated had super controlling parents. So it sounds like your pretty much in the clear.

As far as being stuck up with high standards... clearly your already in the door. I don't think they expect more or less than white girls.
Cobra_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2010, 10:43 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra_X View Post

Curious, around here the ones who self identify as Persian and not Iranian tend to be Jewish.
taiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 3:42 AM   #10
Established Member

White woman here who's dated a Persian man = the most wonderful dating experience I've had

But more seriously: IME (which goes beyond this particular man), Persians are very proud people who (understandably) view their very rich intellectual and cultural heritage as something that makes their history quite distinguished. This sense of being distinguished ocassionally translates to the personal level which goes back to your stuck up/high standards. Be a gentleman.
denise_xo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 9:25 AM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise_xo View Post
White woman here who's dated a Persian man = the most wonderful dating experience I've had
my roommate is dating a persian guy atm; swears all the time how she'll never date another white man

Quote:
But more seriously: IME (which goes beyond this particular man), Persians are very proud people who (understandably) view their very rich intellectual and cultural heritage as something that makes their history quite distinguished. This sense of being distinguished ocassionally translates to the personal level which goes back to your stuck up/high standards. Be a gentleman.
yes. whatever you do, do not make the mistake of lumping arabs and persians into some homogenised middle eastern glob of sameness.

oh and maybe you can ask her about 'ghelyoon' ... or hookaah (arab) as it's more commonly known
runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2010, 9:32 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner View Post

yes. whatever you do, do not make the mistake of lumping arabs and persians into some homogenised middle eastern glob of sameness.

:
Agreed. Total recipe for social and romantic suicide
denise_xo is offline   Reply With Quote