sharing bills

Mirjam

My boyfriend and I have decided to move in together. There is 1 major problem: he wants to share every single bill equally, but I make 10 times less money than he does. My point is that I can't afford to live with him. He will never change his mind because that is the way how he wants to live his life. If I will do the 50/50 policy, it's hard to keep up with him and I will be always broke. He said that everyone is adult and he never wants to support any woman. Should I get out of that relationship because I do not have same salary to pay bills equally?

YOU ASK: " Should I get out of that relationship because I do not have same salary to pay bills equally?"

You should get out of that relationship because he is a selfish bastard. Most reasonable men who make as much as he does would at least handle a greater percentage of the bills until you were able to more comfortably handle your share of the load. Moving in with him and working your hands to the bone just to stay there, and be tense all the time, is not something you want to do. Disagreement on finances is very high on the list of reasons for divorce.

Assuming you have discussed this with your guy and he remains firm in his stance, you have no other alternative but to bid him good-bye. And don't fret, you are extremely lucky to find out where he's coming from beforehand. Loving partnerships are all about compromise and give and take. He knows what financial position you are in now and he doesn't seem to care. Screw him...at second thought, don't even think about it. Get away from the dork.

Or, you could get a better job so he's not making 10 times as much as you are. I don't blame him for not wanting you to mooch off him.

LEAVE... you can do a LOT better than that. Love is shown in more than one way and compassion, support and understanding for another persons situation is definately a part of it! I have to agree with Tony and Angel here!

Should I get out of that relationship because I do not have same salary to pay bills equally?

NO, you should get out of the relationship cos he is an ABSOLUTE LOSER, he doesn’t deserve you!!! There are many men out there that treat women as they aught to be treated.

Go find someone who will not only be a lover to you but a friend.

GoodLuck!

~PurpleAngel!

:bunny: