In love...when sober

Jmillz77

How do you know when it is time to pack it in? I love my guy to death and will quite literally do anything for the guy. I am pretty relaxed about our whole relationship, I mean.. I don't get mad if he asks me to hangout but just wants me to rub his back while he plays video games or if he wants to go to the bar and watch the game with the guys before we hangout. I am cool with that, everyone needs time with their friends/ away too. The thing is although I love him to death and lots of people think/say we have the perfect relationship... he pisses me off so much sometimes. I don't know if this is normal for couples who have been dating nearly two years but he drinks too much sometimes and he gets really stupid and mean. He has called me retarded (which would kind of be accpetable if I was being dumb but at the time we were just having any conversation like normal) and has made me feel like **** on numerous occasions when extremely intoxicated. Is this normal, or are these his true feelings coming out, the ones he is too scared to say when he is sober?This **** really pisses me off because I don't wanna get played.. what gives?

Have you talked to him about this, yet? That's the obvious first step. It sounds like he's quite a different person when he drinks. He may not want to talk about it at first, but let it sink in for a short while and then try to re-initiate the conversation. If he's still unwilling to talk, then you may need to reassess the relation. Looking at your local AA chapter may be a good idea, as well; they may have some ideas for you.

If he tries to pass this off as a minor thing (and there's a good chance he will), you may need to tell him how you're feeling and that you are considering leaving him over this. He needs to know just how serious this is.

And to answer your question, no, this isn't normal after 2 years. It's natural to be more relaxed around each other after two years, but heavy drinking and being insulting aren't parts of a normal long-term relation.