Too many options, but...

While looking for dates, I have tried many different online dating services, chats, etc. Sometimes it helped -- sometimes it was a waste of time. What I believe is the problem with match.com, eharmony.com, and other big sites is that it is very difficult to stay focused on one person at a time -- too easy to move on (for both, you and you potential date/partner). I seems to me like you are always 'multi-tasking' there.

I am lately more interested in smaller and more niched dating services/sites/communities with less amount of noise if you will. There are also seem to be new 'dating technologies' (you can tell I am a computer geek) that I find very fascinating and more personal. For example, I bumped into randompal.com -- they actually connect people on the phone (all done automatically) for a 15 minute conversation. Very cool. I was connected once, but our personalities did not click i guess. I will try it again.

I am interested to see if other people run into the same problem of having way too many 'interactions' where it is practically impossible to concentrate on something or a real quality.

I agree. I actually read the online profile of a girl I went on a date with and it said something similar to this. She picked another guy over me, but wanted me to hang around. I declined. Afterward her profile had a sentence that said she was facing too many choices at once. I wouldn't doubt it, she was very attractive.