Too many dates have burnt me out

I very sick of dating and don't know what to do about it. I've been dating nonstop for several years, except for a couple of year-long relationships. I date an average of 2-3 new girls per month. That may not sound like many but month after month it really adds up.

I guess the problem is I'm just tired of going out on new dates. If the girl sleeps with me on the first date, I'll go out with her a few more times. But if nothing happens on the first date, there's never a second date. It just seems like I've heard the same stories over and over, and told the same stories over and over, all these women seem to be almost exactly alike and of course I'm the same person each time. It's like watching birds on a telephone wire, some are a little different but they're all 95% the same.

And many of them I find online, so they come from all walks of life, it's not like I'm dating all veterinarians or something. Just a couple of months ago I went out with a black girl who asked me out, never done that before and I thought it would be different, but she was pretty much the same as all the others.

Guess I need a new hobby ;)

skydiveaddict
I very sick of dating and don't know what to do about it. I've been dating nonstop for several years, except for a couple of year-long relationships. I date an average of 2-3 new girls per month. That may not sound like many but month after month it really adds up.

I guess the problem is I'm just tired of going out on new dates. If the girl sleeps with me on the first date, I'll go out with her a few more times. But if nothing happens on the first date, there's never a second date. It just seems like I've heard the same stories over and over, and told the same stories over and over, all these women seem to be almost exactly alike and of course I'm the same person each time. It's like watching birds on a telephone wire, some are a little different but they're all 95% the same.

And many of them I find online, so they come from all walks of life, it's not like I'm dating all veterinarians or something. Just a couple of months ago I went out with a black girl who asked me out, never done that before and I thought it would be different, but she was pretty much the same as all the others.

Guess I need a new hobby ;)

I guess so

nothappyjan

why date then?

you dont want a r/ship and you dont even want to go on one date before sex

solution.....take care of it yourself or get a prostitute....problem solved. :bunny:

skydiveaddict
why date then?

you dont want a r/ship and you dont even want to go on one date before sex

solution.....take care of it yourself or get a prostitute....problem solved. :bunny:

agreed as a matter of fact I think you're making all this up

I think the problem isn't in they being all same, but in you never bothered to try to know them. You are living in a superficial mood, no wonder you feel burnt. You fear rejection or failure, or something ?

I'd suggest holding off on the physical part of the relationship in the beginning... maybe what you're describing when you say that all the girls are the same is... that you've slept with all of them? I don't know... depends on what dating means to you, and what you're trying to get out of it...