Getting mixed signals from a friend

I have two unconnected questions that I need to get some advice about, *I'll put them in two separate postings*

First, a few months back I went out to a local eatery and kind of met this girl there. I enjoyed her company and she was enjoying mine as sort of just friends. Anyway at the end of the night we exchanged info. A week or so later we went to see a movie and just sort of hung out a bit, it was an enjoyable night. After our first movie I wanted to let her know that I am just interested being friends, not that I was rejecting her. I just don't want it to move to the next level with her or anyone else. (More on that later)

She was okay with that, and we went out as friends just like the first time and again we had a nice time. That was a couple weeks ago, we kept in contact with the occasional e-mail or call. Nothing more than that. Then over the course of couple days she began calling me a lot more, like 3-4 times in a week. Most of the time, it really wasn't about anything specific, just sort of "How are you doing, what did you do today etc..

Anyway, I don't want to be a prick by never calling her, so I call her and see if she wants to do something in the next week or so. She can't make the days I have free, but says she'll book time off work for Tuesday so we can do something. She ends the phone call by telling me to feel free to call her or text her anytime I want. I don't know, but I am getting a vibe that she is sort interested in me.

Or maybe it's just me....Thoughts?

Now in regards to to me and dating, I've gotten to the point where I'm just sick and tired of the whole dating BS. Tired of being the nice guy and getting the short end of the stick and feeling like %$#& for it. From getting my heart broken, to dating someone new who it seems like we had a connection and never hearing from them again. After a couple of years of stressing about relationships and it be detrimental to my health last November I decided to call it quits.

Since that time I have switch my focus to myself and my own well being, I started taking some night courses and invested in a new hobby that I'm really enjoying hopefully further my career. It's been quite a few years since I have been this satisfied and comfortable with my life. I look at the hardships that I have endured over the last number of years relating to relationships and quite honestly I'm not sure I ever want to put myself through that again. (I mean it felt like I was banging my head against a brick wall, pretty soon you got to look at it and wonder if it hurts so much why am I doing this?)

I am viewing the world through different eyes, building walls to protect myself. I'm trying not to allow emotions or feelings to have any sort of a hold on me or for me to under their influenced. I look at relationships from a third person stand point, that there more trouble than their worth most of the time.

^ Maybe that's not all healthy stuff, but it's what's working for me.

Edited by Sprig