Apparently it's "sweet" if you make someone your life

tigressA

I was on Facebook just now and I'm a "fan" of a page titled "When I miss you, I re-read our old conversations and smile". The latest status update says, "Once a girl asked her special one, 'Who do you love more, Me or your life?" .. He replied, 'Huh??? Of course, my LIFE!!!' .. Feeling dejected, the girl decided to leave, but as soon as she would've got away, the boy held her arm, and told her with a tear of love in his eye, 'Stupid, it's you, you are my LIFE!'"

Currently there are over 2,800 people who "like" that status update, and over 400 comments on it. The vast majority are "Awww that's so sweet! I wish so-and-so would be like that with me". Only a tiny handful of people have said they wouldn't like their partner saying that or wouldn't ever say it themselves, and there were also very few comments pointing out the "Stupid" remark as negative. (Really, if you've made someone your life, you obviously must respect them enough to not call them stupid--or is abuse like that okay if there's utter devotion to accompany it? :mad:)

This scares and disappoints me.

mortensorchid

Funny that so many people have an opinion on this one. But is there really an answer that will make everyone happy? I doubt it.

Edited by mortensorchid
Additional comments