Bad idea? Taking a date to a birthday party of a girl I used to date.

Lost-n-confused

Lost-n-confused

The girl I used to date is a friend now.. Obviously we never got serious and just had a few dates. She asked weeks back if I was bringing anyone. Its her 21 birthday party and its at an Olive Garden. I thought I would kill two birds with one stone, go to my friends birthday party where I don't know anyone besides her and bring a date so I have company.

I kinda asked my date to be my date without asking. I first asked if she busy week nights and then I made a comment about having to go to this birthday dinner where I don't know anyone. She kinda asked do you need a date for this party? I then flat out said yes Id like the company but a date isn't required. She then told me she would like to go.

My date and I had our first date Saturday and we hit it off pretty good id say.

I figured id bring her and we would just kinda do our own thing.

Is this such a terrible idea?

Not at all. If you were never serious with this girl and only went out a few times it isn't as if you were in a relationship. Definitely take your new girl to this party and have a ball!

Not at all. If you were never serious with this girl and only went out a few times it isn't as if you were in a relationship. Definitely take your new girl to this party and have a ball!
Agreed. As long as this isn't an ex you still harbour romantic or negative feelings towards, there's no reason not to.

But if this is an ex who you still have one or both of the above feelings towards, is it fair to use a third party?

Olive Garden

great culinary establishment :rolleyes:

I thought I would kill two birds with one stone, go to my friends birthday party where I don't know anyone besides her and bring a date so I have company.

bad idea

I then flat out said yes Id like the company but a date isn't required.

thats lame, why did u say that?

yes its a bad idea

• Author
Lost-n-confused

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost-n-confused viewpost.gif

I thought I would kill two birds with one stone, go to my friends birthday party where I don't know anyone besides her and bring a date so I have company.

bad idea

Quote:

I then flat out said yes Id like the company but a date isn't required.

thats lame, why did u say that?

Quote:

yes its a bad idea

Could you be more descriptive? Why is it bad to bring a date? She asked if I needed to bring a date and my answer was Yes I want you to come, but a date isn't required. I wanted it to sound like no its not like I have to have a date so don't feel like your doing me a favor... I wanted her to come with me.

So why is it a bad idea? If my date doesn't know I dated her then were is the harm? I don't have feelings for resentment for the other girl.

So why is it a bad idea? If my date doesn't know I dated her then were is the harm? I don't have feelings for resentment for the other girl.

maybe the b-day girls still likes you...having two hens in the coup is playing with fire

• Author
Lost-n-confused
Maybe not a bad idea...just a little tacky. But that could just be the whole Olive Garden thing throwing me off.

I already took her to an expensive restaurant.

It really doesn't sound like an ideal date, and the way you "asked" her out on the date? Less than stellar. I guess you know she's really interested by the way she handled it though.

kiss_andmakeup
I already took her to an expensive restaurant.

That wasn't really my point...it was more of a joke.

Taking a girl to an ex-love-interest's birthday party is semi-tacky. In addition, Olive Garden is tacky. The two combined just reek of a major turn off to me.

But I may be in the minority. You certainly don't have to listen to me.

• Author
Lost-n-confused

Ok... I texted her and she called me right back... She is total committed to going to this dinner with me. There was no way reverse it.

Even is birthday girl is still interested which i don't believe she would be because I tell her all about my dates and how I am seeing three girls, I'm not interested in her anymore.

That wasn't really my point...it was more of a joke.

Taking a girl to an ex-love-interest's birthday party is semi-tacky. In addition, Olive Garden is tacky. The two combined just reek of a major turn off to me.

But I may be in the minority. You certainly don't have to listen to me.

Na, I agree it's tacky to bring a date to an ex love interest's birthday dinner.

Ok... I texted her and she called me right back... She is total committed to going to this dinner with me. There was no way reverse it.

Even is birthday girl is still interested which i don't believe she would be because I tell her all about my dates and how I am seeing three girls, I'm not interested in her anymore.

But it would also be really tacky to un-invite her, and as soon as she found out it was an ex of yours she would be suspicious, with good reason.

No offense, but I also think it's weird that you wanted to go to this dinner in the first place, since they only person you know is your ex. Or "friend" or whatever you want to call her.

This is a great idea if you would like to infuse a bit of "drama" into your life...:laugh::laugh: It will probably go ok, but it is kind of tempting fate. Oh well, you will see how much of a sense of humor the new girl has...

ok thats fine but don't wear your best clothes cause a cat-fight may break out :lmao:

• Author
Lost-n-confused

First shes not an EX... we were never girlfriend and boyfriend... The birthday girl dumped me. Yet we are still good friends...

New girl doesn't know we dated and I don't have to volunteer the info.

girls have a sixth sense about these kinds of things, she'll figure it out even if you don't tell her :laugh:

girls have a sixth sense about these kinds of things, she'll figure it out even if you don't tell her :laugh:

Yup! She'll either figure it out at the dinner, or shortly thereafter if you keep seeing her.

LoL don't underestimate women!

First shes not an EX... we were never girlfriend and boyfriend... The birthday girl dumped me. Yet we are still good friends...

Doesn't matter, she's someone you dated and were romantically interested in.

I wager odds that within 5 minutes of this new girl seeing the BDay girl, she will lean over to you and whisper, "did you ever date her?...".....:p

Just tell your date you are sick, or the party was cancelled, anything if you are serious about dating her you will be able to think up a nice alternative for her instead. |Unless you just want to see if you can get your "ex" to react, as people on here have said, that's playing with fire.

• Author
Lost-n-confused

If she asked ill tell her str8 up. We went out twice and there was no chemistry and we just ended up as friends. We kissed once and knew there was nothing....

If she asked ill tell her str8 up. We went out twice and there was no chemistry and we just ended up as friends. We kissed once and knew there was nothing....

That should go over well during the salad course.:laugh: (I'm joking with ya.)

If she asked ill tell her str8 up.

and another thing, i don't know if i'd take a 1st date to Olive Garden