Third date... very nervous...

masaki1085

I'm totally crazy about a girl I've been on two dates with. And I am really, really nervous about the third date.

This girl I am seeing is a friend of a friend who had wanted to set the two of us up for awhile. It had been probably a couple months and many missed opportunities before we actually had our first meeting about a week ago, . Our meeting was initially under the "guise" we gave each other as meeting up for coffee and me answering some questions she said she had about teaching (I am a teacher). My friend had encouraged this girl to friend me on facebook (after much build-up) and we set up this meeting for coffee upon introduction.

We hit it off immediately. We talked for two hours about everything. We discovered we had so much in common it seemed that we really clicked with each other. I asked if she was hungry and we continued our conversation for two more hours over dinner. The meeting became a full-blown first date (although it was disguised as a date to begin with). I suggested that I wanted to hang out with her again, and she agreed.

I called her a few nights later and we made plans for a second meeting on Tuesday. Because she was into film photography (and I am, too), I suggested that we go on a walk in the park and take photographs (she loved the idea). We walked around the park for about two hours, talked, played on the swing sets, continued hitting it off, and then afterwards we got my pictures developed (she wanted to save her roll), got dinner, got coffee, and retrieved my pictures. Flirting, more conversation, etc. In all, we hung out for about 6 hours. She said she had a really nice time.

Before the night ended, I asked her if she wanted to join me at a late-night bonfire gathering that some friends were hosting on Saturday night--and asked her in the sense of actually referring to it as a date. She seemed happy about this, because she felt that these two meetings were dates but was unclear herself because "date" was not explicitly said. She said yes to the date. :)

When I dropped her off, I walked her to her door, hugged her and kissed her on the cheek (didn't feel right--timing wise--to kiss her on the lips yet, although I wanted to).

Third date would be this late-night bonfire, however, I am afraid that the bonfire is going to be too cold and/or rained out. I wanted to suggest an alternative option of hanging out and watching a movie (there are a number of movies we were discussing during our second date that we felt we both needed to see) or go see a movie in the theater (also a topic of discussion on our second date).

"Some" might suggest that the third date is really crucial--I think that's what makes me so nervous. I really like this girl, and I would love to see this continue. She seems really into me, but I never know for sure what girls are actually thinking. :p I don't know if this date should be as relaxed as the ideas I am planning or should be more impressive. I want to kiss her, and I am really, really nervous about what her reaction might be to that, when the timing might be right, etc.

What are your thoughts? Is this going the way it should? Do my third date ideas seem okay? Is it normal to feel this way?

P.S. I'm not new to dating or LTRs either, but every time I enter into a new situation it feels like I'm learning all over again. :p

You sound so cute! I think its going the way its suppoesed to, better in fact. I am new to dating so i wont give much advise on that. But it sound like you have good intentions and you genuinely want it to go well, so i think itll be perfect whatever you do decide. Good luck and id like to see an update.