bf made this comment and im freakin out a bit

tara.tang

I went out with my boyfriend of about 3 months (though we started talking and getting attached 4 months earlier previous to this- I went away to study abroad and we got quite attached while apart) last night to the bar. We are both seniors in college. He graduates in Dec, I graduate in May.

When he was drunk, not REALLY drunk but still drunk, I was talking about how my pupils dilate easily. He said "Well after college when we get our pictures taken, we should wear black contacts blah blah...."

This freaked me out. Im sorry. I like this guy. But Im not sure I see that long term with him...I mean in May when I graduate I might not be with him.

Dont think Im mean. I really do like him. But Im applying to grad schools and wont know where Im going til I graduate, while he will be looking for a job starting in December. I dont see how it will work out and I HATE distance. Studying abroad was one thing, since I knew it would end and he'd be there when I returned home. This is different- who knows where Ill end up...and Im not sure I like him enought to do the distance. I need to be in a super serious relationship to do that. He says he doesnt want to get married for a long time ( we have only talked about that since we have mutual friends who just got engaged ) but hes made comments like these. But Ill never tell him this though because theres a small chance something might change.

My question is, is drunk words sober thoughts? Did he mean anything by this? He did tell me a few weeks ago when hes drunk he tends to let out the truth more. I dont mean to sound like Im freaking out, but if he feels this way, I feel I will be crushing him later...

Btw- he has made somewhat similar comments before too while being drunk, and once or twice drops things like this while he is sober: "oh we should get a house there eventually" when I say I like this city and might want to live there and such...

He likes to plan his future though, he told me that. What the hell?

Im sorry. Im going into panic mode. I figured at some point something in this relationship would go wrong and we wouldnt last- Im seeing now Im not so sure I want something this serious! Please assure me this is nothing...

So your boyfriend wants a future with you and you're freaking out? So many women would be jealous of you.

I don't get why you are freaking out, if you don't want to be with him and don't see a future, then break up with him and don't lead him on.

JustLooking123

Have you guys talked at all about the future? It is only fair to him that you are honest about your plans and expectations for the relationship. He deserves to know where he stands with you so that he can decide if he's okay with an expiration-date relationship or not.