Why can I not find a descent, caring, loving woman..

jprez1980

I don't understand why in a large metroplex (DFW), I find it extremely difficult to meet a woman who appeals to me. Is it really that hard to meet women, I don't think my standards are outlandish. I'm tired of relying on online dating, that doesn't seem to get me anywhere. Most of my friends are now married, so I struggle having a wingman and going out alone doesn't really appeal to me.

I've been single for quite some time and I feel I've gotten out of touch with the dating world. Any suggestions?

SoulSearch_CO

Rrreeooowr. Nice pic. I don't see the problem. LOL

But anyway - have you tried maybe joining up with groups that have similar interests as you to meet women of a like mind? Book clubs, outdoor clubs, etc.

I don't understand why in a large metroplex (DFW), I find it extremely difficult to meet a woman who appeals to me. Is it really that hard to meet women, I don't think my standards are outlandish. I'm tired of relying on online dating, that doesn't seem to get me anywhere. Most of my friends are now married, so I struggle having a wingman and going out alone doesn't really appeal to me.

I've been single for quite some time and I feel I've gotten out of touch with the dating world. Any suggestions?

ALL of my friends are married with kids- or engaged.

I have a profile on online dating- but I don't remember the last time I actually responded to a message. I am in the same boat- rarely does someone appeal to me. I don't even remember the last time I commented someone was hot.

Maybe you should travel?

To Canada:o

• Author

Thanks for the compliment. I have considered that, but I like to bike ride, video games, and jog. Those are my hobbies I currently partake in. Not really ideal in terms of meeting a woman.

I would be open to volunteering, not not sure how to go about the process. I'm more worried about going alone to a club/bar than anything. I suppose it fits the stereotype of "loserish"

Nice face.. so I'm not sure why you're having a problem..

Check:

your breath

body odour

teeth

confidence

:o

• Author

I would say all those are in check...if anything, the confidence is probably running low...due to just not finding what I'm wanting and being in the right place to meet a great woman. Again, without a wingman or good buddy I seldom bother.

I hate going out to eat alone, movies, etc. Feels like all eyes are on me...in a bad way.

You don't meet girls through work?

I'm assuming by your pic that you must get hit on- is it that you have high standards?

• Author

Nope - don't meet girls at work...primarily because its in the technology industry and its dominated by men and the women that are there are almost always married.

I do get hit on by women - but usually they are not my type (in terms of build, or other characteristics)

There MUST be a biking group in DFW.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/tx/dallas/groups/hobbies/?radius=25.0

Have you checked this out? There must be some sort of group that would fit your needs. Personally, I would go for the Tango lessons group - what a great dance, what a great way to meet women who have a desire to move their bodies sensuously, and what just plain fun.

I can't believe your married friends haven't tried to set you up? Do you have a bad rep among the women in your married group of loving and leaving, drinking too much, cheating?

Personally, I would go for the Tango lessons group - what a great dance, what a great way to meet women who have a desire to move their bodies sensuously, and what just plain fun.

OMG... I thought this was a joke at first! Tango lessons for someone under 40 is just...weird.

sweetjasmine
OMG... I thought this was a joke at first! Tango lessons for someone under 40 is just...weird.

What? Not here. The couple of classes I took were filled with people in their 20s.

sweetjasmine
Tango???? Lol.

Why's that funny? It's pretty popular these days.

And I'm originally from Buenos Aires, so it's actually part of my heritage. I grew up listening to the music. It's always been a part of my life.

It's a fantastically close and passionate dance - definitely just not for the old (although i have seen some hot older dancers, for sure!).

Granted, I forget sometimes that some posters don't live in metro areas where they can find actual places to do real dancing, instead of grinding. I don't live there, but travel so much that I can find places to dance, but I can't stay in one place long enough to take lessons.

Salsa lessons would be great fun, too.

Uh? The DFW has some of the hottest women in the country. If you're out in Plano or Allen, you're stuck in suburbia. You need to come to Dallas proper, near SMU, to easily meet other singles. In Fort Worth, TCU is another sweet spot.

Drop the wingmen, unless you're just looking for women to have sex with. If you're really looking for a decent, caring, and loving woman, then skip the tag-team and the bars. Approach women who are single (as in alone), and talk to everyone, or join a group like a lot of people have been posting.

frustrated&sad

Jprez--Maybe you could give us a better idea of what you are looking for in a woman? (Looks, personality, interests, etc.) We might be able to give you some more specific advice based on what you think you want.

I would also think that if your confidence is low or if you feel lost or if you suffer from low self esteem, these are easily demonstrated by how you carry yourself. I personally love going out to eat alone; I relish my alone-time like no one else. I bring a book, the newspaper, or my sketchbook to a cafe or coffee shop. I'll eat at the bar and think about my day. I write in my journal. I people watch and smile. The trick is that you can't care what other people think or you can't care about what YOU think they are thinking. People always strike up conversation with me about how confident and secure I seem based on the fact that I go to movies alone or eat at nice restaurants alone.

As for joining groups, getting out of your comfort zone is key. It is scary and horrifying at first, but it can also be extremely liberating. I promise. I just took some cooking classes, and I met some fabulous people.

I'll pass along some more advice from the female perspective when I get some more details. I feel for you. Dating is...overwhelming and depressing and times. But you'll find someone when you least expect it if you are happy being alone.

If you have used on line dating and did not find tons of good women, it can mean the following things.

First, you have unrealistic expectations. In other words, you are looking for a girl that does not exist in reality.

Second, you do not give yourself chance with girls because of your negative patterns of thinking. In other words, your mind works hard to find exuses for you not to chase every girl you meet.

Third, there is another specific problem which you may know about yourself. But you did not mention it in your post.

In reality, there are tons of decent girls, but you can not see that.

As for first reason, what are qualities in a girl that you are looking for?

What was wrong with the girls that you did not want to pursue?

What are your expectations of the right girl?

Nope - don't meet girls at work...primarily because its in the technology industry and its dominated by men and the women that are there are almost always married.

I do get hit on by women - but usually they are not my type (in terms of build, or other characteristics)

Perhaps you could branch out a bit. Depends on the characteristics.

• Author

Frustrated&Sad:

I'm from a little farm town in Missouri actually, moved to Texas about 10 years ago. I'd say I've been struggling with relationships and meeting people the entire time.

My relationships can best be described as unhealthy, almost to the point where I am controlled by the woman. My male friends think it's pretty sad, they know I want better but refuse to do anything about it. I'd say the low confidence and esteem is dead on.

I wouldn't be caught dead eating at a restaurant alone, going to the movies alone or clubs, etc. At best, I go to a friends swimming pool alone and that took a bit of courage. If my guy friends can't do anything, I sit at home. I refuse to go out alone. I'm a good looking, fit guy, but something just doesn't click in that department.

Sucks!