Feeling anxious...

Hi all,

I met a girl about 6 weeks ago and it was a great immediate connection. We spent the first couple of weeks emailing and texting, as after meeting her work took me out of town for about a month.Then she came over to visit me twice while I was away. We got on well, although it was interesting for the reality to replace how excited I felt about her when we were communicating by email. At the end of her second visit though I began to feel anxious about it all, which reveals itself in a tightness in my chest that's very frustrating.

I'm back in my hometown now and spent the weekend with her. She met my friends, all of whom loved her. But I don't know if this anxiety means I don't really like her as much as I want to. Or if I'm just expecting things to be too perfect too soon. I've always sort of felt that I'd meet someone and just know they were right for me immediately, and because I'm questioning this right now, I'm ready to run away from her.

So in a nutshell I think I do like her, but i'm anxious. Is it too much to expect to have no questions right away? Maybe I'm being unrealistic. But I hate feeling this anxiety and it makes me almost willing to just end things. I can't figure out how to get rid of it. In so many ways she's my "dream girl", but it feels like a part of me is fighting it, and I don't know why.

Thanks for any potential insight!