No physical attraction

championice

This is for all the girls out there :) My friend asked me this question, which got me thinking: Is it possible for a girl to like and date a guy if she isn't really physically attracted to him, but he has all the personality traits she's looking for?

Physical attraction is something you can grow to like also right?

Well, my partner is no Adonis (Don't tell him that - he's soooo deluded!) but to me he's every inch a real man.

He's funny, engaging, charming, witty, erudite, articulate, curious, informed, intelligent and intellectual.

Life may be many things with him - but - Dull?

Never!

Give me all of the above, any day, over classical good looks and the six-pack abs and rock-hard pecs.

(of course, marry the two together and you'd have the perfect guy.

But he's probably be sooo in love with himself, there'd be very little room for a partner......!)

I am a man in a relationship with a smoking hot babe. Why am I here at the LoveShack? To bust b*lls primarily, but to try to ascertain as much insight into the female species as possible, since I am contemplating marriage.

So, what you should know about me is that I am an overweight smoker who hasn't exercised since Reagan was in office. I look like one of those cavemen from the geicko commercials, my left leg looks like something out of a horror movie, a legacy of a serious motorcycle accident, have bi-polar disorder, a smaller than average size "unit" and I am an unrepentent slob.

My GF looks like Charlize Theron. I am living proof that looks and "size" don't matter that much. Personality goes a long way, intelligence and a sense of humor are also very necessary components. I should mention that I do not make a gret deal of money and she could do better in a heartbeat. My advantage would be that I never allowed my looks to undermine my confidence. I am also brutally honest and direct in our communications. Oh, and it helps to worship the ground they walk on too (for the right reasons, no, not that!)

Is it possible for a girl to like and date a guy if she isn't really physically attracted to him, but he has all the personality traits she's looking for?

Physical attraction is something you can grow to like also right?

I once tried to look at it that way, but couldn't get past 6 weeks of dating..

Not very practical.

I used to give nice guys a chance, as long as their personality suited me. I figured the physical part was optional or would grow over time ...

Now: screw that! If there's no physical attraction, forget it. It *IS* important, no matter what people say. I'm not saying I only date studs, but they have to be attractive to me (note: TO ME).

The guy I'm seeing now is soooo appealing to me. Some girls would disagree and look at me like I'm crazy, but the chemistry is awesome and his face and body turn me on like you have no idea. His personality is a perfect match for me too, so I got the whole package and I couldn't be happier right now.

It's now that I realize how important physical attraction is. Don't settle for less; you'd be missing out.

You may not have instant physically attraction on the first or second date,,, but then sometimes you get attracted to them on the 3rd date... Usually guys go for the girls looks in the begining whereas us girls tend to want a cute guy but look for personality trait overall.. I guess you can grow to like someone, but if there is a spark missing then it may not last that long:o

SoulSearch_CO

I have to agree with Geisha, here. My beau would not have what would be considered classic good looks. And I did not feel those fireworks or the instant attraction to him. But the more I get to know him, the more time we spend together, the hotter things get. The first time we slept together was pretty mellow...but things are definitely getting hotter. I'm meeting up with him tomorrow to spend a couple days at his place and I'm going to have to resist attacking him in the snow. LOL