Anxiety

Isolde

Sometimes, I just get so filled with anxiety about love, dating, and relationships that it makes me almost sick. Is anyone else the same way? I'm reasonably optimistic about everything else in life, so I don't understand why I'm feeling this way.

I guess maybe because no one I was attracted to ever wanted to date me seriously. That's a threshold I feel I'll simply never cross, and if I did, it would be way too good to be true.

I have these awful fears of settling for someone I'm not attracted to simply because I'm so starved for sex and affection and protection. I just don't feel desirable, at all, right now. The only guy who even asked me for a third date was someone I felt zero attraction to at all.

I know there is someone out there, but I may never meet them. I have felt potential, that's the crazy awful thing, that potential teased me like you would tease a cat with a piece of yarn.

I think I need to take a break from LS for a while.

• Author
I know the feeling, but never settle. It isn't fair to you our your partner.

Don't worry. I'd rather have an imaginary BF than settle.

lol I do think LS can mess you up in the head sometimes though :laugh: So many strong opinions on here which people seem soooo sure about.

That being said, I do understand the feeling. I think we all feel that way once in a while. Luckily, it never lasts :)

Honestly if you ever decide to go out and have fun without having thoughts about who you feel attracted to, that would lessen your anxiety.

Yes... In fact I've been thinking about posting a thread on how I think LS is unhealthy for me... But that would just draw me back even more...

I used to be a content loner... Coming to LS everyday just reminds me that being a loner has disadvantages... Even worse it reminds me why I'm a loner...

Oh well... This is why we have alcohol & the WWW :D

• Author
Honestly if you ever decide to go out and have fun without having thoughts about who you feel attracted to, that would lessen your anxiety.

I meet attractive guys when I go out, so how does that help ;)

I meet attractive guys when I go out, so how does that help ;)

haha now that is a dilemma... wear a chastity ring and say you're devoted to God? what would you think their reaction be?

• Author

I'm just terrified of meeting the guy who is perfect in every way and not being attracted to him (not necessarily because he's ugly, just not being attracted)...

CommitmentPhobe

confidence is key, make eye contact, smile, don't kiss on the first date, don't be too needy, let him chase, brush your teeth, comb your hair, don't be too nice, see a counsellor, wear matching socks, strut your peacock colours, don't call too often, don't use email, don't be pushy, go for what you want, wear exciting clothes, make small talk, be yourself, keep it casual, never settle, have fun, filter out incompatible people, avoid the friend zone, follow your heart, call after 3 days, don't play games, assess the chemistry, grow your social circle organically, be a challenge, grow into love, don't be exclusive, never say i love you first, keep calm during the pullback stage, and above all don't follow the rules and do what you want, and you'll be fine.

That's the LS advice, so what's to be anxious about?

• Author
confidence is key, make eye contact, smile, don't kiss on the first date, don't be too needy, let him chase, brush your teeth, comb your hair, don't be too nice, see a counsellor, wear matching socks, strut your peacock colours, don't call too often, don't use email, don't be pushy, go for what you want, wear exciting clothes, make small talk, be yourself, keep it casual, never settle, have fun, filter out incompatible people, avoid the friend zone, follow your heart, call after 3 days, don't play games, assess the chemistry, grow your social circle organically, be a challenge, grow into love, don't be exclusive, never say i love you first, keep calm during the pullback stage, and above all don't follow the rules and do what you want, and you'll be fine.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hahahahaha. Very, very good.

I think I need to take a break from LS for a while.

Well, CP made some great points, but I think it's more about you taking a break from your recursive, obsessive thoughts. Chillax for a day or three, and try not to take life so seriously. For a week, say. Start small. I don't think LS is the problem, but whatever gets you through.

I know how you feel, and even though I love LS, I think it is doing me more harm than good sometimes.

I am not sure.

• Author
Hahahahaha. Very, very good.

Well, CP made some great points, but I think it's more about you taking a break from your recursive, obsessive thoughts. Chillax for a day or three, and try not to take life so seriously. For a week, say. Start small. I don't think LS is the problem, but whatever gets you through.

You're right, Nemo, I do take things a bit seriously.

I'm just upset that not feeling desirable has such a profound impact on my overall mood. It shouldn't be that way!

I know how you feel, and even though I love LS, I think it is doing me

I know what you mean. LS has a way of creeping up on you from behind and inserting itself when you least expect it.

• Author
I know what you mean. LS has a way of creeping up on you from behind and inserting itself when you least expect it.

Nemo, are you a person or an inneundo generator bot?

LOL! Thanks for the laugh. :laugh:

Brilliant. I'm going to print this out and post it above my desk :)

I'm just upset that not feeling desirable has such a profound impact on my overall mood. It shouldn't be that way!

Ideally, yeah, it shouldn't, but it can be hard to just 'not care' when it seems like everyone around you has had relationship experience. I didn't have my first boyfriend until I was 23, and I did feel frustrated and wonder what was wrong with me in my late teens / early twenties. I assumed I must be loathsome to men, and that further exacerbated any shyness I must have projected.

Good news is, one day you WILL have a relationship, and then *pouf*... all this will be a thing of the past. You'll have a new array of issues to face...