Is my professor attracted to me??

Laikafire

its my first time posting here. Its a really long story and its not something I can talk to my friends or family about. Well to start of he's about twice my age: I'm only 18. It started out with him seeing me outside of class in some restaurant (a coincidence), and my friend told me she saw him look at me a few times. Anyway right as he was leaving he stood by the door and stared at me for a few seconds (i could see him out of the corner of my eye) like he was gonna say hi , but then he turned around and left. In class he mentioned he saw me and teased me about having drinks or whatever. He called on me in class more often and actually knew my name!!! Lol. Well later, I would ask him questions about class and he was like overly helpful. He even told me I could keep a movie we watched in class once, lol. He joked around with me and when I came to class early he would sit next to me and talk to me, and talk about himself. Anyway he organized this class field trip out of town and when he talked about going he stared at me. I, of course wanting to be close to him, went on the trip. So while on the trip there was this other girl. Like me, she was young and a student in one of his other classes. On the bus I saw her flirting with him, and him flirting back, but looking at me to see my reaction. I ignored the situation and was thinking about ignoring him the rest of the trip, but as I was walking off the bus he was like "I like your shirt", then when I was outside this guy approached me and we started talking. I saw the professor and that girl walk off togethernesrlier so I figured I might as well make a new friend. After a minute I felt someone standing behind me and it was the professor and the girl. He butted into our conversation and was asking me questions and stuff, ignoring the girl that was hanging out with him. When the other guy I met made somebjoke andwhen I laughed "Prof. X" gave me this INTENSE look. The kind of look where I felt the bottom of my stomach drop. We went back on the bus and I could see him turn around to talk to a group of people sitting behind him (in front of me). I remember reading about body language and I noticed that whenever I did something like cross my arms or fix my hair, he mirrored me. Well we got to the museum and across the room I looked at him (he was talking) he looked back and we made serious eye contact for several seconds until I looked away blushing. Then as we were going through the tour exhibit he kept standing really close behind me. He also put his hand on my back a couple of times. I got a little nervous so I ignored him. On the way back I turned my back to himso I could talk to my new friend and prof.x went and sat behind him, to face me. I could feel him look at me as he talked to some of the people around there. Anyway after the trip he would come up and talk to me. Recently tho (past week) he's been acting weird. He saw me in the halls and when I said hi, he said hi back awkwardly and when we made eye contact he looked at the ground quickly. Then when I asked him a question after class he was really aloof and avoided eye contact. Then this week when I tried to talk tonhim he didn't even look at me, he just looked down. In class though I'll catch him looking at me, and make eye contact across the room. The class is almost over and I really want to get to know him better. He has kids, but he's never mentioned a signicant other (at least not to me). I'm gonna wait until the semester is over if i do anything. I don't know though, does he seem interested? I need an outsiders point of view I need advice!!!

You seem to be infatuated with this prof.X. All these things you've talked about could simply be normal things that happen everyday. You might be very interested in him; therefore you see things the way you wanted it to be... turning normal meaningless events into something more they are.

• Author
You seem to be infatuated with this prof.X. All these things you've talked about could simply be normal things that happen everyday. You might be very interested in him; therefore you see things the way you wanted it to be... turning normal meaningless events into something more they are.

yesss this is true!! He's a really friendly/flirtateous guy (with a lot of girls)... I probably shouldn't read too much into it. Plus its my first semester in college. I didn't know professors were that friendly :)

Yeah I think you're seeing things that aren't there. Since this is your first semester, you should know... professors are a whole lot more friendly in college than you are used to. I'd guess that he picked up on your reactions to him, and he wants to make sure you don't get the wrong idea. I have a couple friends who are intro-level instructors at our university since we are in upper level engineering courses. They get hit on all the time by girls, and they always joke that they would love to be able to act on it, but cant because they would lose their position, and possible be kicked out of the program. He has a career he's worried about. If I were you, I'd just meet some guys in some of your classes.

Don't be attempted. Always keep away from scandals your first year in college.

Besides he has kids, you want someone in your age range with less burden.

• Author
Yeah I think you're seeing things that aren't there. Since this is your first semester, you should know... professors are a whole lot more friendly in college than you are used to. I'd guess that he picked up on your reactions to him, and he wants to make sure you don't get the wrong idea. I have a couple friends who are intro-level instructors at our university since we are in upper level engineering courses. They get hit on all the time by girls, and they always joke that they would love to be able to act on it, but cant because they would lose their position, and possible be kicked out of the program. He has a career he's worried about. If I were you, I'd just meet some guys in some of your classes.

I actually already have a boyfriend, but for some reason this professor... Its infatuation!! I'll get over it once I'm out of his class. There should be some sort of rule about professors being so hot... Its way distracting lol

I actually already have a boyfriend, but for some reason this professor... Its infatuation!! I'll get over it once I'm out of his class. There should be some sort of rule about professors being so hot... Its way distracting lol

HAHAHA... don't worry... you'll get plenty of TAs in the same pool. :laugh:

CommitmentPhobe

Yeah I agree, I get this a fair bit with the students it's a complete no-no

Until they've left :laugh:

• Author
He sounds weird! I'd stay away from him. He has kids on top of it. I mean, come on.

if anyone sounds weird its me lol. I sound like a stalker or something haha. In reality I don't go out of my way to talk to him or anything. Yeah he has kids I know... I had to ask myself "if he were 10 years younger and one of the STUDENTS would I still like him"... The answer: probably not. My lust is curbing though, as of late... When I realized its all in my head apparently lol.

If you don't learn anything from your first semester in college, then please learn this: Learn how to properly insert and/or break up your thoughts into cohesive paragraphs. I really dislike reading the whole 'stream of conscious' posts.