Flustrated with love life! Suggestions?

Hi, I am a 32 yr old male and I seem to have great difficulty in maintaining a good, healthy, long term relationships. I would like to one day be married and have a family. I have yet to be married and have no children. It's not my goal to run out and marry the woman I am dating, but if that happens I am not out to force it. Most of my relationships last anywhere from several weeks to 6 to 8 months tops. Usually if I am into them they are not into me or if they are really into me I lose interest or get uncomfortable. :( Unfortunately I date infrequently, I have a demanding profession (medical), I consider myself stable, honest, good looking, hard working, physically fit, easy going, easy to get along with... It's so flustrating to not be able to have a good mutally fulfilling relationship. I really wonder if I will be a hermit, and I don't like that idea. I truely love women I just wanna be able to relate and connect with them in a healthy way. Thanks for letting me vent... Any advice is welcome.

Regards,

TB

Lots of possibilities here. If you are busy with your medical work, you may give ladies the impression that your work is lots more important than they are. Women like to feel they are the most important thing in the world to their man.

If you had a dysfunctional childhood or if you experienced a very emotionally traumatic break up some time ago, you may be subconsciously afraid of a close relationship and therefore are not able to make that connection on a deep level.

All this assumes that you have good hygiene practices and your breath is fresh and clean.

If all the above is off the mark, you probably just haven't found the right gal. That's probably what it's all about. And there's no real reason to stick around with somebody who is not right for you or who will not understand your busy schedule.

It will be up to you to find out the reason for your problem. If you can't get to the core, a skilled counsellor can probably help you figure this out.

if they are really into me I lose interest or get uncomfortable.

So here's your problem, you cannot love somebody who loves you. What's the point of dating if you are not able to feel anything.

It's so flustrating to not be able to have a good mutally fulfilling relationship.

It can only be mutually fulfilling when you want it to be mutual.

I truely love women I just wanna be able to relate and connect with them in a healthy way.

"Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You". It's that simple. Women are not that different from men, just treat them as human beings. Learn to appreciate somebody who cares for you (of course if you like that person).