Being old fashioned

Dragonflys

Hi guys.

Good to drop in.

There's this very nice woman I met about 6 weeks ago. Well, actually we first met almost a year ago. I had walked up to her (uncharacteristically quite boldly) and asked her to dance letting her know in a lighthearted way just how bored she looked dancing on her own. Anyway, we chatted a bit that night, but didn't keep in contact.

About six weeks ago she walked up to me in another venue and told me she remembered me and reminded me of that night. So I got her number and have called her about 4 times since. Each time we have had great conversations, and she seemed really interested in what I had to say. But the strange thing is, she hasn't ever called me yet.

But in this case, I don't feel at all bad at being a little old-fashioned and chasing her a bit. She has a very hectic lifestyle and I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Why not!. We were going to organise a day out last time and she was going to call me back, but didn't so this time I'm setting a date to see if she agrees, so I just get the opportunity to see her in person again.

My question..do any of you have similar experinces?. I'm interested to know how such approaches do go in these modern times.

Oliver

When it comes to females, there is no normal situation. There is no rule. There is no given situation. I suppose there used to be more predictability in these exchanges...and I suppose there is a heaven. But here on earth, you have to accept women these days for whatever they do, not try to interpret it too very much in your situation, and hope for the best.

I am absolutely certain she wants to see you. But until she knows you better and knows she wants to carve out some special time for you in her hectic schedule, she'll be unpredictable.

Once she gets to know you better and falls, you may not be able to get away from her for a second.

Don't worry about this. Yes, it's happened to me...and yes, I've done it to women, but not really intentionally...uh, well, sometimes.

So glad to see you back here. We've missed you a lot and please don't be a stranger. Stop by more often, please!!! We miss the great advice you always gave.

And good luck with your new lady. You'll be just fine. Just don't chase her too much. She's not being an easy catch and you shouldn't be either.

I dont' usually call the guys I'm seeing. I think its nice for the guys to call. I think she seems interested and you should ask her out.

good luck and have fun!!!

Hi guys. Good to drop in. There's this very nice woman I met about 6 weeks ago. Well, actually we first met almost a year ago. I had walked up to her (uncharacteristically quite boldly) and asked her to dance letting her know in a lighthearted way just how bored she looked dancing on her own. Anyway, we chatted a bit that night, but didn't keep in contact.

About six weeks ago she walked up to me in another venue and told me she remembered me and reminded me of that night. So I got her number and have called her about 4 times since. Each time we have had great conversations, and she seemed really interested in what I had to say. But the strange thing is, she hasn't ever called me yet. But in this case, I don't feel at all bad at being a little old-fashioned and chasing her a bit. She has a very hectic lifestyle and I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Why not!. We were going to organise a day out last time and she was going to call me back, but didn't so this time I'm setting a date to see if she agrees, so I just get the opportunity to see her in person again. My question..do any of you have similar experinces?. I'm interested to know how such approaches do go in these modern times. Oliver

I never call guys I'm dating unless it's to change plans. Just the way I am. :) You've called her FOUR times and not asked her out yet? What???

Do this. Pick a date at least 3-5 days off. Come up with a plan. (i.e. dinner, drinks, whathaveyou, at X time.) Call her and ask her out. Tell her what time and what you are thinking of. (For brownie points, have a couple of restaurants or bars, or whatever you decide on, in mind and ask her what she would prefer. If she says it doesn't matter to her, just pick the one you prefer.)

Girls like a man with a plan, trust me! Don't just ask her to "do something" on X day. Or ask her to "do something sometime." If you call with a plan and time in mind, you will impress her! If she's busy that day already, have a backup day in mind so you can ask her right then. (Or she may even suggest a different day if she already has plans.) With her hectic schedule it might be tough, but usually if you ask 3-5 days in advance you are good to go!

Go for it! You have nothing to lose. And be sure to let us know what happens!

Hi guys. Good to drop in. There's this very nice woman I met about 6 weeks ago. Well, actually we first met almost a year ago. I had walked up to her (uncharacteristically quite boldly) and asked her to dance letting her know in a lighthearted way just how bored she looked dancing on her own. Anyway, we chatted a bit that night, but didn't keep in contact.

About six weeks ago she walked up to me in another venue and told me she remembered me and reminded me of that night. So I got her number and have called her about 4 times since. Each time we have had great conversations, and she seemed really interested in what I had to say. But the strange thing is, she hasn't ever called me yet. But in this case, I don't feel at all bad at being a little old-fashioned and chasing her a bit. She has a very hectic lifestyle and I want to give her the benefit of the doubt. Why not!. We were going to organise a day out last time and she was going to call me back, but didn't so this time I'm setting a date to see if she agrees, so I just get the opportunity to see her in person again. My question..do any of you have similar experinces?. I'm interested to know how such approaches do go in these modern times. Oliver

• Author

Hi guys

Thanks for your responses. Well my intuition was spot on, I called her last night, she wasn't home, but immediately called when she got home. She pointed out that she has been extremely busy (working for a startup company), was sick last week, and really didn't have time to call.

I suggested a date for next week and she said lets make a time and meeting place up now so it's all set. We are actually going to have a hit of tennis (due to our common sporting interests), and then probably going out afterward for a while.

And yes Tony, I haven't acted too keen..the input in this last call seemed pretty even.

Oliver

arthropod98

well, these episodes and events are things to simply keep in mind, but not concentrate on just yet. if they do become the "norm", then you may want to reevaluate your efforts. there's nothing wrong with putting some effort into this, but you don't want to be taken advantage of or "played the fool" either.

good luck . . . and enjoy the "joys" of dating!

Hi guys Thanks for your responses. Well my intuition was spot on, I called her last night, she wasn't home, but immediately called when she got home. She pointed out that she has been extremely busy (working for a startup company), was sick last week, and really didn't have time to call. I suggested a date for next week and she said lets make a time and meeting place up now so it's all set. We are actually going to have a hit of tennis (due to our common sporting interests), and then probably going out afterward for a while.

And yes Tony, I haven't acted too keen..the input in this last call seemed pretty even. Oliver